Resolutions submitted to AXA’s Shareholders’ Meeting of April 30, 2020
AXA announces the publication of the resolutions to be proposed by its Board of Directors to the next Shareholders’ Meeting to be held on April 30, 2020 at 2:30 pm at the Palais des Congrès in Paris (75017) in the Bulletin des annonces légales obligatoires.
In addition to an increase of the dividend of 7% (to €1.43*), shareholders will notably be asked to approve the following resolutions:
- Re-appointment of Mrs. Angelien Kemna and Mr. Stefan Lippe as directors;
- Appointment of Mrs. Isabel Hudson and Mr. Antoine Gosset-Grainville as directors, respectively replacing Mrs. Irene Dorner and Mr. François Martineau whose term of office will expire at the close of the next Shareholders’ Meeting, as well as the appointment of Mrs. Marie-France Tschudin as director.
- Mrs. Isabel Hudson was previously Chairman of Prudential International Assurance and Chief Executive Officer of Synesis Life Limited. She is currently Chairman of the National House Building Council and a director of BT Group plc (United Kingdom).
- Mr. Antoine Gosset-Grainville is currently a partner at the law firm BDGS Associés. He previously served as Deputy General Secretary of each of the European Monetary Committee and the Economic and Financial Committee of the European Union. He was appointed Adviser for Economic and Monetary Affairs in the office of the European Commissioner in charge of Trade. He was also Deputy Managing Director of the Caisse des Dépôts et Consignations.
- Mrs. Marie-France Tschudin joined Novartis in 2017, after 10 years spent at Celgene International. She is currently President of Novartis Pharmaceuticals and a member of the Executive Committee of Novartis.
- Appointment of the director representing the employee shareholders of the AXA Group. Eight candidates designated by AXA employee shareholders will be submitted to the shareholders’ vote. The Board of Directors decided to recommend that the shareholders vote in favor of the appointment of Mrs. Helen Browne to serve as member of the Board of Directors as the candidate with the most employee votes and in light of her broad knowledge of the AXA Group and the insurance sector.
- Mrs. Helen Browne has been General Counsel of the AXA Group since September 2016 and has worked for AXA for 18 years, including on many large transformative projects. She previously worked for Linklaters (in Paris, Brussels and London).
On behalf of the Board of Directors of AXA, I would like to address our warmest thanks to François Martineau for his contribution to the work of the Supervisory Board and then to the Board of Directors over the past 12 years. His experience, his knowledge of the Group and his strong involvement in the Board’s work have been instrumental to AXA’s development.
I would also like to thank Irene Dorner for the important role she played during her four years as member of the Board of Directors and more specifically for the financial services expertise she brought to the Audit Committee. Irene will soon be taking over the chairmanship of a FTSE company and therefore decided not to seek the renewal of her directorship at AXA. I wish her all the best in her new responsibilities.