The new Management Committee will notably reflect the strategic importance of our interactions with customers and our transformation ambition. It is also designed to reinforce the role of large countries and global business lines, while the Group’s Regions will be repositioned to focus on the development of emerging and smaller markets, in Asia and in the rest of the world.
As of July 1st, this new Management Committee will count 10 members:
Commenting on these appointments, Thomas Buberl said: “The breadth of global experience, the leadership qualities and values of this renewed Management Committee give me a high degree of confidence in our ability to lead AXA through the next phase of our strategic journey, thanks to a stronger focus on our customers and our transformation. I have shaped this Management Committee - both in terms of the executives and the allocation of responsibilities - with a view to ensuring that we will work and act collectively as one team to define and execute the Group's priorities, together with our 166,000 employees and distributors worldwide.”
Following the constitution of this new Management Committee, AXA also announced the following senior appointments:
- Amanda Blanc is appointed Chief Executive Officer of AXA UK,
- Nick Lane is appointed Chief Executive Officer of AXA Japan,
- Wilm Langenbach is appointed Chief Executive Officer of AXA Emerging Markets, EMEALA (Europe, Middle-East, Africa and Latin America),
- Hassan El Shabrawishi is appointed Group Chief Innovation Officer and will be responsible for business model innovation,
- Rino Piazzolla is appointed Group Human Resources Director.
Focused on customers and transformation, this new organization will help reaping greater benefits of being a Global organization. Four Global Business Lines will be empowered with a clear mandate to steer the Group’s businesses:
- Asset Management,
- Life & Savings,
- Property & Casualty.
AXA’s high growth and smaller markets will be managed through the following Emerging Markets hubs:
- AXA Asia, in charge of all Asian countries, ex Japan,
- AXA Emerging Markets EMEALA (Europe, Middle-East, Africa and Latin America).