On April 27, 2016, the Finance Committee was comprised of four members: Mr. Ramon de Oliveira (Chairman), Mrs. Suet Fern Lee, Mrs. Doina Palici-Chehab, and Mr. Stefan Lippe.
Three of these members were determined independent by the Board in accordance with the criteria set forth in the Afep-Medef Code.
- To examine and issue an opinion on any plan that intends to set up sureties or grant guarantees, endorsements and warrantees in favor of third parties, when their value exceeds the authorizations granted to the Chief Executive Officer by the Board of Directors;
- To examine and issue an opinion on any of the following plans:
-to issue securities giving a claim, whether directly or indirectly, to the Company's share capital,
-to propose share repurchase programs to the Ordinary Shareholders' Meeting,
-financing operations that might substantially change the Company's financial structure;
- To examine any plan to perform a financial operation of significant size for the AXA Group, except for M&A transactions that shall be discussed directly at the Board level;
- To examine any subject relating to the financial management of the AXA Group:
- the policy on financial risk management,
- the liquidity and financing of the Group,
- the capital and solvency;
- To examine the impact on capital and solvency at Group level of the main orientations and limits of the Asset-Liability Management policy; and
- To review the risk appetite framework developed by the Executive Management for financial insurance and operational exposures.