The AXA Drive Coach app, an innovative contribution to safer driving, now on the Apple Watch
Another AXA initiative that leverages the potential of connected objects to better protect people. As of April 24, 2015, the AXA Drive Coach mobile app will be available on the Apple Watch in France and the UK. AXA Drive Coach is a mobile application available to all drivers to help them analyze, understand and improve their driving behavior and style.
We are delighted to be able to offer innovative prevention services in a timely manner, in this case right at the launch of the Apple Watch. We strongly believe leveraging innovative digital tools is key today in efficiently engaging people to promote road safety, as these tools significantly raise their awareness of potentially risky driving habits. We look forward to working with Apple to make AXA Drive Coach available on the Apple Watch in many more countries.
How will it work?
- Once downloaded to a driver's iPhone, AXA Drive Coach connects with their Apple Watch to deliver a simple yet efficient experience.
- From this moment on, the application runs exclusively on the Apple Watch without disturbing the driver, enabling the application to start and stop directly from their wrist.
- At the end of the journey, AXA Drive Coach displays the driving score on the Apple Watch screen, highlighting good and less good driving habits, helping the driver to improve their subsequent behavior.
About AXA Drive Coach
- The app enables the user to better understand and improve their driving behavior in a simple way.
- It records acceleration, braking and wheel-turning behavior to produce an overall assessment of how the user drives. The driver will also receive useful tips on how to improve their driving behavior.
- After the trip, it offers the possibility of comparing results with friends on social networks.
- Data collected by the AXA Drive Coach app is anonymized and used to better understand user driving behavior and provide them with constructive feedback. AXA will not use this data for any commercial purpose. The AXA Drive app has been downloaded more than 700,000 times.