Committed towards fostering a culture that enables every employee to bring their whole selves to work, AXA is sponsoring the "LGBT Diversity: Show Me The Business Case" report, released by Out Now, a business consulting firm which specializes in better connecting with LGBT people, on January 28. This report is drawn from an analysis of a global research initiative involving more than 100,000 LGBT people worldwide.
AXA is passionately committed to being a leader in the field of workplace diversity and inclusion and our support for the new LGBT2020 report is in line with that commitment. We understand that the better we help our employees bring their whole selves to work, the better we can earn our position as their employer of choice. We see support for LGBT diversity in our workplaces as being not only the right thing to do, but also an important part of our overall business objectives.
This report proves the importance of implementing effective policies to support LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender) people at work and to strengthen a culture of diversity within companies. It also highlights the risk of resignation of performing employees who feel not allowed to declare their sexuality at work.
Aware of the need for progress on the inclusion of LGBT employees, AXA has implemented various initiatives:
- Awareness workshops aimed at educating employees on the work life issues of their LGBT colleagues
- Training of hiring and mobility managers on LGBT concerns
- A global employee resource group (ERG) on sexual orientation and supported by senior executives across the group
- Signature of charters and engagements with global organizations to further the discussion for equality
- Multiple local initiatives across AXA entities and sponsoring of the Pride celebrations in several countries