Caring is at the core of what we do, of what we do for our customers, of what we do for the people who trust us, and of what we do for society. This is why we launched in 2011 this very great initiative of the CR Week.
In a video, Henri de Castries and Thomas Buberl share their vision of CR Week, encouraging all Group employees to participate:
CR Week is a growing success: from 25,000 Group employees taking part in 2011, 55,000 participated individually and in groups last year, to protect the environment worldwide. Employees competed in a selfie contest and voted for projects supported by CARE. Following this initiative, €100,000 were collected for the NGO.
Pulling together for a safer future
This year’s CR Week will focus on risk prevention, an issue that is central to the Group, its business and its role in society. The Group’s 166,000 employees are invited to think about climate, financial and health-related risks.
We have chosen prevention as the key topic for this year's CR Week, because it is a key element to align the interest of our customers and our interest, because we all care about reducing risks.
An online quiz will challenge what employees know about risk prevention. Each correct answer will earn them points, which they can allocate as they wish to three concrete projects led by CARE:
- Improving food and economic security for women and children in Cameroon;
- Supporting the development of a therapeutic center for disabled children in Romania;
- Promoting the use of higher-quality domestic ovens in rural India to reduce environmental and health risks.
Many more events are being held in every Group entity. Here are just a few examples:
- In Colombia, AXA employees will collect waste to prevent forest fires;
- In Turkey, two lectures will be held in universities to raise student awareness of the benefits of insurance and protection;
- In France, sessions will be held in partnership with AXA Assistance to learn emergency first aid.