Collaborating closely with the Risk Management, Sales & Distribution and Product Development teams, the Underwriting teams have a key role in the organization. The decisions they make are directly linked to AXA’s overall profitability.
On the team, you will be responsible for:
- analysing the risks to be covered using various information channels as well as automatized and predictive tools
- efficiently analysing and adapting insurance policy procedures using an integrated approach that takes into account directives and legal obligations and their impact on claims
- establishing and defining coverage terms and conditions, pricing and policy wording, taking technical factors into account
- managing relationships with various stakeholders, whereas internal or external, from technical dimensions to commercial ones
- deciding whether or not to write new policies and/or renew existing ones.
- adapting products over time, working with the Product Development teams.
Do you want technically and professionally rewarding work? If you have a background in engineering, business or law, and demonstrated ability in the arts of analysis, negotiation and problem solving, join our Underwriting teams who are among the best respected best-in-class in the industry. Join us!
I work on new product development where I provide technical advice on medical underwriting. I help the core teams I am a part of, understand the possible claims leakage of the different underwriting styles we use in conjunction with any potential barriers to sales. I chose AXA as I knew it was a global company that supports its employees well with an excellent track record of career development.