AXA Charlotte, NC Office Address: 8501 IBM Drive; Charlotte, NC
The Finance organization in AXA has embarked on a multi-year transformation program, with the goal of empowering Finance to create value through operational efficiency, automation of processes, reduction of manual work, and developing best-in-class capabilities in areas of data, modeling, analytics and reporting. The person in this role will be a member of the Actuarial team, initially focused on transformation projects, and eventually moving into core actuarial functional teams upon project completion.
This role requires a strong, conceptual thinker with the ability to absorb abstract concepts and envision applications of those concepts in concrete situations. The person should also have the technical expertise to implement complex ideas into practice through hands-on execution of work efforts.
• In-depth knowledge of topics in the actuarial field, or an actuarial related field in finance
• Career ASA or nearly qualified FSA with at least 5 years of actuarial experience
• Software skills including MS Office/Excel/VBA. Additional computer programming knowledge is a plus
• Flexibility to adapt to dynamic projects
• Solid interpersonal/relationship management/communication skills – the ability to foster good working relationships with business partners is needed to gather required data and analyses
• Strong organization skills with the ability to manage a process and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Database experience with MS Access or other SQL database.
• Knowledge of TM1 or other OLAP database (with a focus on data structuring).
• Knowledge of scripting language such as Python or Perl.
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.