This individual will be part of the Individual Annuity Inforce Management team, focusing on Individual and Variable Annuity liability models, projections and financial & risk analysis for various inforce initiatives. He/she will work closely with the Hedging and product Development Teams, to make sure models retain consistency.
• Earnings (IFRS, GAAP, Stat, Other) and Valuation, coordination with the Hedging Team to quantify the impact of ongoing & proposed inforce initiatives for the variable annuity block (both Accumulator/RC).
• Focus is on setting up models and gathering results for quantifying the financial impact of specific initiatives identified by the business area.
• Focus will be on key reporting frameworks: IFRS Earning, Greeks and Sensitivities.
• Assist with quarterly reporting of key metrics on inforce initiatives to senior management.
• Track inforce initiatives and communicate key developments with managers.
• Assist in the future tracking of effectiveness of inforce initiatives to ensure value emerges as expected in future inforce.
• Active participation in new inforce initiative process, broader weekly meetings to discuss status / results and new ideas to consider.
• Assist with data analysis and reconciliation between various systems
• Involved in Predictive Analytics
• Assist in enhancing Models to support business area initiatives. This may include:
• Participate in modeling area transformation
• More advanced model development, work, take the lead in testing, and performing preliminary modeling work in AXIS. This may include development with the model vendor for defining and implementing new product features and requirements
• Experience Studies & Assumption Development (Mortality, Lapses, Withdrawals, IB Election, Annuitizations, Other)
• Data Analysis and Management
• Near or new FSA, with 4+ years of actuarial experience
• Liability expertise or asset-liability modeling experience, especially regarding annuities
• Exposure to leading actuarial projection systems, in particular MG-Hedge, and GGY AXIS is preferred
• Desire to learn, take on responsibility, and assume ownership of various projects
• Capacity to work both independently and within groups
• Ability to handle deadline oriented work; highly motivated; strong verbal and written communication skills
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.