Title: Senior Director, Sales Desk Leader
Reports To: National Sales Manager Managing Director, /AXA Distributors, LLC
Work Location: Jersey City, NJ
AXA is looking for an experienced, dynamic, innovative sales leader to fill a key opening on our Annuities team available because of internal mobility.
The successful candidate will demonstrate three key attributes;
- Creativity – understands sales, preferably in Financial Services and as a result, can help lead our business into the future
- Sales Acumen – has the ability to craft the story and tell the story, highlighting all of the things our business does that makes us an industry leader
- Motivational and Inspiring Sales Team Leader – can lead a team to new levels of success while creating an environment that motivates people to do their best work and reach higher every day
In addition, AXA is looking for someone who will challenge the status quo. If you are not willing to share your thoughts and ideas, push back on the ones we already have and back up your ideas and positions with new and creative ones based on your track record of sales success, this is probably not the right role for you.
What you will do:
Lead and manages a national sales desk for the Individual Retirement business.
- Build and foster relationships between Individual Retirement Retail, P&C, Third Party and Financial Professionals to drive overall sales results
- You will be responsible for maintaining high service levels, cultivating superior performance, supporting the external sales force management team and assisting in all stages of the sales process
- You will partner with five Divisional Sales Managers while leading approximately seventy Regional Sales Associates across all Distribution Channels (Independent, Bank, Wire, Captive Agent, and Property & Casualty)
- Create and design a strategy to build and develop a strong sales team and a dynamic, high performing culture
• Improve sales and activity by creating incentives and campaigns for your team
• Partner with several internal departments such as Key Accounts and Marketing to design creative strategies to drive sales
What you will bring:
- Strong track record of sales leadership and driving business results
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business or a related field
- Ten years of experience in sales leadership, financial services preferred but not required
- Demonstrated experience as a motivational, inspirational team leader
- Excellent communicator and relationship builder
- Sales Center experience would be a plus
- FINRA Licensed: Series 7, 63, and 26 would be a plus
- A history of driving client satisfaction and profitable sales with proven ability to both initiate and lead through change
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.
We have been providing stability and reliability to our clients since 1859 to help them live their lives with confidence, to give them peace of mind, and enable them to realize their dreams for their loved ones and their legacy.
As an employer AXA is committed to creating an environment where everyone feels completely comfortable bringing their true selves to work every day. AXA US has been recognized and certified as a great place to work by the Great Place to Work Institute.
We provide our employees opportunities to move within our organization so they can grow their career and skills without ever having to leave AXA. Almost 40% of our open jobs are filled with current employees.
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.