Litigation-related responsibilities including:
• Taking a lead in-house role in defending AXA Equitable in a wide-range of litigation, arbitration and/or regulatory matters handled directly or with outside counsel, which entails:
• Working closely with business partners in assessing legal risk and exposure and in developing legal strategy
• Investigating facts, develop litigation strategy, prepare submissions to courts, arbitration panels and regulators, and identify and prepare fact and expert witnesses
• Providing reports to senior management as to the status of litigation matter
• Interviewing, selecting and very closely supervising outside counsel
• Participating as a representative of the Litigation Group on committees or working groups organized for various purposes, such as evaluating proposed business initiatives or re-examining existing policies or procedures.
• JD, bar admission
• 8 – 12 years of related experience, preferably within the litigation group or insurance group of a large law firm or corporation.
• Experience litigating class actions, actions under state insurance laws and state/federal employment and securities laws, and large-scale arbitrations. Trial/arbitration experience preferred.
• Knowledge of insurance and securities law related to insurance product distribution through insurance agencies and broker-dealers.
• Excellent drafting and negotiating skills.
• Experience with broker-dealer and insurance company compliance issues, and in conducting regulatory and internal investigations.
Skills and Knowledge
• Ability to manage and prioritize complex matters.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated record of proactive leadership and achieving favorable results.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective, working relationships with others.
• Ability to work independently and meet deadlines while handling multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
• Ability to maintain professionalism under pressure.
• Strong sense of ownership of tasks and responsibilities is essential.
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.
We have been providing stability and reliability to our clients since 1859 to help them live their lives with confidence, to give them peace of mind, and enable them to realize their dreams for their loved ones and their legacy.
As an employer AXA is committed to creating an environment where everyone feels completely comfortable bringing their true selves to work every day. AXA US has been recognized and certified as a great place to work by the Great Place to Work Institute.
We provide our employees opportunities to move within our organization so they can grow their career and skills without ever having to leave AXA. Almost 40% of our open jobs are filled with current employees."
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.