Litigation-related responsibilities including:
• Taking a lead in-house role in defending AXA Equitable in a wide-range of litigation, arbitration and/or regulatory matters handled directly or with outside counsel, which entails:
• Working closely with business partners in assessing legal risk and exposure and in developing legal strategy
• Investigating facts, develop litigation strategy, prepare submissions to courts, arbitration panels and regulators, and identify and prepare fact and expert witnesses
• Providing reports to senior management as to the status of litigation matter
• Interviewing, selecting and very closely supervising outside counsel
• Participating as a representative of the Litigation Group on committees or working groups organized for various purposes, such as evaluating proposed business initiatives or re-examining existing policies or procedures.
• JD, bar admission
• 8 – 12 years of related experience, preferably within the litigation group or insurance group of a large law firm or corporation.
• Experience litigating class actions, actions under state insurance laws and state/federal employment and securities laws, and large-scale arbitrations. Trial/arbitration experience preferred.
• Knowledge of insurance and securities law related to insurance product distribution through insurance agencies and broker-dealers.
• Excellent drafting and negotiating skills.
• Experience with broker-dealer and insurance company compliance issues, and in conducting regulatory and internal investigations.
Skills and Knowledge
• Ability to manage and prioritize complex matters.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated record of proactive leadership and achieving favorable results.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective, working relationships with others.
• Ability to work independently and meet deadlines while handling multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
• Ability to maintain professionalism under pressure.
• Strong sense of ownership of tasks and responsibilities is essential.
title="" http: _blank?? target="" Index?? Equality Disability ?? disability-equality-index what-we-do usbln.org href=""