Reporting into the Corporate Legal Group of AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company's Law Department, this position has primary responsibility for supporting the Corporate Legal Group attorneys in: (a) the completion of general contracts, statements of work, letters of intent and non-disclosure agreements; (b) monitoring and completing statutory filings; project management; and (c) assisting on a variety of corporate legal matters.
Primary Responsibilities include:
• Supporting third-party vendor contract management with regard to reviewing and preparing drafts of contracts and amendments to existing contracts, in conjunction with Corporate Sourcing and Procurement, necessary to support the business operations; • Drafting and negotiating statements of work, non-disclosure agreement and letters of intent; • Overseeing the preparation of various agreement templates; • Interfacing with and monitoring outside corporate services company (CSC) contracted to file annual statutory filings and create and maintain system to monitor the progress of all filings; • Performing due diligence and preparing documents for completing annual regulatory filings; • Assisting on general corporate matters; and • Assisting with other legal department matters as directed by supervisor
Education and Experience:
- Undergraduate Degree.
- 5-8 years of related experience, preferably within the corporate group of a large international law firm or corporation.
- Experience with and knowledge of sophisticated contractual business arrangements.
- Demonstrated record of leadership and achieving favorable results.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to work independently, manage and prioritize project and meet deadlines while handling multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
- Must have initiative, be able to act decisively and exercise excellent judgment.
- Excellent drafting and negotiating skills.
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to maintain professionalism under pressure.
Strong sense of ownership of tasks and responsibilities is essential
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.
We have been providing stability and reliability to our clients since 1859 to help them live their lives with confidence, to give them peace of mind, and enable them to realize their dreams for their loved ones and their legacy.
As an employer AXA is committed to creating an environment where everyone feels completely comfortable bringing their true selves to work every day. AXA US has been recognized and certified as a great place to work by the Great Place to Work Institute.
We provide our employees opportunities to move within our organization so they can grow their career and skills without ever having to leave AXA. Almost 40% of our open jobs are filled with current employees.
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.
title="" http: _blank?? target="" Index?? Equality Disability ?? disability-equality-index what-we-do usbln.org href=""