The Strategic Initiatives Group (SIG), is an internal consulting team responsible for developing initiatives that drive profitable growth and performance across AXA US. The group reports to the CEO and owns both corporate strategy and new business development in partnership with business and support function areas.
- Internal consulting – support business areas by providing capabilities such as thought leadership, increased capacity or evaluation of an issue
- Competitive intelligence – perform market assessments such as evaluation of macro and industry trends, peer benchmarking, and comparative financial analysis
- Classic strategy – conduct formal problem solving; assist with annual strategy planning, Board of Director presentations, etc.
- New business development – evaluate new business ideas; explore new market entry opportunities; business case development; M&A, JVs and strategic partnership opportunities
The team is heavily focused on talent development. Many current AXA leaders were previous SIG members and led challenging, high-profile projects to shape the company's strategy, grow the business, and transform the organization. SIG members often spend two to three years on the team before moving into influential leadership roles throughout the company.
The team is seeking a highly self-motivated individual who can directly support the Head of SIG and CEO with specific financial analyses and research projects, as well as partner with the company's Investor Relations team on various topics. This position reports directly to the head of SIG.
- Lead ad-hoc and ongoing analysis (strategic and financial) of industry and competitive landscape focused on macro trends, financial results, historical performance, business strategy and valuation
- Develop and write executive-level memos and research papers
- Identify issues, structure problems and generate actionable recommendations using formal problem-solving frameworks and critical thinking
- Identify analytical needs for projects or workstreams, gather required data and identify most appropriate quantitative and qualitative approach to perform analysis
- Participate in the creation and delivery of presentations to CEO and senior management in very clear, structured formats
- Co-develop business cases with other members of SIG and in partnership with business areas (e.g., rationale for effort, size of opportunity, specific action steps, financial impact, implementation plan, etc.)
- Understand broad project planning requirements; lay out a project plan with direction from appropriate business area stakeholders, as necessary
- Manage ambiguity, complex subject matters, and concurrent deliverables with comfort
- Play a lead role on the team through your contributions and collaboration
What You Will Bring:
The ideal candidate will possess most of the preferred qualifications from day one and will be able to hit the ground running with minimal day-to-day supervision. We are looking for someone who has strong analytical skills, understands the financial services space—specifically, the Life Insurance and Asset Management industries—has superior knowledge of business and/or competitive intelligence techniques and research, and is comfortable and proficient interacting with the CEO and senior executives.
SIG operates in a fast-paced environment that requires the ability to manage multiple, competing priorities. Candidates must be comfortable working in a high-profile, dynamic environment and must be willing to support various projects, often simultaneously.
BA / BS required; progress toward MBA or CFA a plus
4-8 years' experience, preferably in the insurance or broader financial services industry
Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex topics logically and succinctly
Solid understanding of financial statements, including financial modeling experience
Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with keen interest to further develop these abilities
Strong interpersonal skills, maturity and good judgment
Reliable with excellent prioritization skills and a clear focus on results
Self-starter and comfortable interacting up, down and across the organization
Knowledge of and strong interest in financial markets
Experience working on projects with multiple, cross-functional stakeholders
Strategy, consulting or banking experience is a plus
We have been providing stability and reliability to our clients since 1859 to help them live their lives with confidence, to give them peace of mind, and enable them to realize their dreams for their loved ones and their legacy.
As an employer AXA is committed to creating an environment where everyone feels completely comfortable bringing their true selves to work every day. AXA US has been recognized and certified as a great place to work by the Great Place to Work Institute.
We provide our employees opportunities to move within our organization so they can grow their career and skills without ever having to leave AXA. Almost 40% of our open jobs are filled with current employees.
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.