Lead Associate, State Forms Filer
AXA is looking for a person with initiative to join us in our Charlotte location in a supportive role on the Forms and Filing Team. The Forms and Filing function within our US Life Business is paramount to both ensuring the successful rollout of new and enhanced products, as well as ensuring that current products remain in compliance with various state regulations.
This position's primary responsibility will be to submit individual life form filings to state insurance departments and the Interstate Insurance Product Regulation Commission (IIPRC) via the System for Electronic Rate and Form Filing (SERFF). Detailed key accountabilities are specified below.
• Prepares form filings for submission, for example, determine state filing fees, complete the required IIPRC "Mix and Match" information as appropriate, calculate Flesch readability scores for applicable forms;
• Collaborates with team members to secure the maximum number of form approvals before product launch;
• Submits correspondence received from the Lead Manager- Forms Drafter in response to any objection letters from state insurance examiners and the IIPRC via SERFF;
• Sends periodic follow-ups, as needed, to state insurance examiners via SERFF;
• Creates and maintains detailed filing status reports;
• Creates, manages, and maintains accurate form filing and state approval records for all jurisdictions in which the Company is licensed;
• Assists with ad hoc projects of multiple levels that relate to state form filings, for example, the compilation of filing-related documents for the Legal Division/Government Relations for any legal proceedings or state market conduct examinations;
• keeps abreast of new form filing procedures and requirements by monitoring state insurance departments' and the IIPRC's websites/guidelines, and attends any IIPRC's online seminars for state form filers.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education:
• 2+ years of solid state filing and SERFF experience;
• Knowledge of individual life insurance a plus;
• Effective verbal and written communication skills;
• Bachelor's degree a plus;
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications;
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.