- Serve as a team member in the influential Analysis function which is an intermediary between the assigned business clients and the development and other teams in the IT function, requiring knowledge of both environments.
- Support more senior positions in their advocacy for the business clients in all phases of the solution development lifecycle for each of the critical stages, including: initiation, analysis, development, testing, implementation and post implementation follow up.
- Perform basic to intermediate analysis and works closely with the business clients to identify core business issues in order to map out possible solutions. The mapping is used to develop the business case for action, defining the need, the method, and the benefits of proposed solutions.
- Undertake basic analysis to contribute to the development of the detailed user stories or requirements of the solution, in order to satisfy the business need.
- Work closely with Architects and others on the applications development team to refine the solution design, methods and outcomes.
- Closely monitor progress to ensure that the emerging solution meets the demands of the user stories or requirement document.
- Support more senior Analysts in the resolution of any conflicts arising due to any technical deviations from the agreed user stories or requirements.
- Work very closely with the testing team, using the user stories requirements document as a critical guide, to ensure that issues are identified and fully resolved prior to roll out.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 1-4 years of technical IT work experience
- Mainframe developer experience in the following areas:
Fortran (nice to have)
- Complex Excel VBA macro experience
- Actuarial support background a plus
- Basic knowledge of complex software development concepts and development methods
- Basic knowledge and application of various software development life-cycles and techniques (e.g., traditional and agile)
- Good interpersonal / relationship management skills, able to foster working relationships within the team, across IT and with business colleagues
- Knowledge of business and technology practices and trends
- Good influencing, negotiation and elicitation skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Adaptable and flexible