AXA is currently seeking a Database Administrator / Engineer to join their Digital Solutions Group!
You will be joining a small, experienced technology team as one of the main Database Engineers responsible for developing, implementing, and overseeing secure database policies and procedures to ensure the integrity and availability of database systems.
This person will be involved in making sure that all 1 Billion records over the 1,500 tables from 12 different data sources are readily available for all the operations, and compliance reporting, as well as web-based projects.
The select candidate will be responsible for including but is not limited to scope, development, testing and support for databases within the Digital Solutions Datamart for the Operations area in the United States. Communication is the key to success and having the ability to articulate your ideas and thoughts to senior and executive management from the user’s perspective is essential to your success.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or 8 years’ equivalent work experience
- Exceptional SQL skills, specifically with the use of sub-queries, aggregate functions and joins not limited to MySQL, MariaDB, SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, Python
- Experience using the Navicat software within a virtual Windows Server Environment as a data management tool
- Proven track record using real-time data virtualization with Federated Services with MariaDB
- Strong background with ETL jobs from various data sources
- Provide support to development engineers for basic database administration needs such as tables, indexes, functions triggers and procedures
- Daily maintenance of database infrastructure, mainly checking daily / nightly scheduler jobs, backup/recovery and replication etc.
- Involved in designing, developing and supporting custom database applications including working on developing stored procedures, conducting data modeling, database optimization, and going through the process with developers to enhance and modify databases to satisfy new client requirements
- Proactively monitor as well as troubleshoot problems escalated by the business teams in a timely manner
- Candidate will be on-call and maybe required to work over weekend at times and will be part of a team in automating daily tasks
- Plan, Coordinate and Maintain/Implement server/database/user security measure (access rights, permissions, etc.)
- Perform space management (tablespace and rollback segment), archiving, partitioning and compression techniques for performance and manageability
- Create, or support creation of, required reports in response to business user needs
- Strong attention to detail is a must as recurring reporting duty often entail lengthy monotonous processes with numerous variables.
- Ability to work with a wide array of data sources, where fields and values often require translation through extensive research.
- Solid business background and ability to communicate with diverse business groups to assess individual reporting needs.
- Insurance industry background or a willingness to procure industry knowledge through independent research.
- Experience leading a team of engineers to deliver wonderful user experiences
- Team player – you care about those around you and are excited to share knowledge with your peers
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.
This is an opportunity to join a well-established and stable company. The plan is to grow in size over the next two years which means that this is a great time to get in and grow into a path of your choice.
AXA offers a very competitive health, medical and dental package along with a robust vacation and holiday plan. 401K and more.