The People Analytics Manager will work closely with the HR team to drive optimization of talent investments with insights on workforce trends and opportunities. S/he will use fact-based solutions to influence changes to operations, process and programs, conducting:
- analyses of large data sets to distill insights and connect disparate ideas; preparation of workforce projections and predictive models addressing quantitative sourcing needs and skill gaps;
- research on trending skills and capabilities; identification of key talent and retention strategies; analysis on drivers of engagement and the employee value proposition
- HR specific program evaluation and program outcome analyses, incluidng benefits, compensation, training, recruiting and diversity design outcomes.
- design, communicate and track project plans to ensure completion of key milestones; integrate with other business processes; communicate to executive audiences in a clear and actionable manner.
- work with HR Business Partners to ensure collected data meets process requirements
- Experience working with tools across the analytic stack, including data management, modeling and visualization tools such as Hadoop, R, Python, Tableau and SQL.
- Advanced computational statistics and business acumen
- Advanced Excel and Power Point skils
- Effective oral communication; superior written communication skills; strong intellectual agility and curiosity
- Experience and knowledge of data security and privacy issues
- Results and execution oriented; flexible and collaborative
- BA/BS in industrial/org psychology, computer science, mathematics, natural sciences with 4+ years' experience; MS and 2 years' experience in the same.
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.
We have been providing stability and reliability to our clients since 1859 to help them live their lives with confidence, to give them peace of mind, and enable them to realize their dreams for their loved ones and their legacy.
As an employer AXA is committed to creating an environment where everyone feels completely comfortable bringing their true selves to work every day. AXA US has been recognized and certified as a great place to work by the Great Place to Work Institute.
We provide our employees opportunities to move within our organization so they can grow their career and skills without ever having to leave AXA. Almost 40% of our open jobs are filled with current employees.
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.