The Technology Associate position is an entry level position in the Information Technology organization at AXA. Candidates will gain exposure to core IT practices and new technologies while engaging on a variety of projects and activities.
The Technology Associate will be aligned to a functional area within IT such as Software Development/Engineering, Data or Systems Analysis, Enterprise/Solution Architecture, Information Security and Security Operations, Infrastructure, Network Design, etc.
This highly competitive program is designed to bring top aspiring technology talent to shape the future leadership of our organization.
Depending on the functional area you are aligned to, below are some key highlights of this role:
- Develop and deliver programming code in support of project deliverables
- Implement security best practices using cutting edge security tools, vulnerability scanning, auditing, governance, risk & compliance.
- Analyze basic requirements for data, processes, interfaces, controls, and outputs
- Analyze and design data models and relational database designs
- Define data quality plans to address data quality issues; work with business partners to build business understanding of data issues
- Contribute to defining time tables, project plans and schedules; analyzes and estimates feasibility, cost and compatibility with other systems
- Conduct unit testing to ensure code meets documented and approved application system requirements
- Communicate with peers and business unit in planning, developing, implementing and supporting IT projects
- Consult with IT management and client areas in resolving questions during the various IT project phases
- Help analyze impact of proposed solution across technology or existing technology platforms
- Work with Senior Analysts on technical requirements and determines solutions for data, processes, interfaces, controls, outputs, environment, infrastructure tools/utilities and/or testing that fit within the recommended time frame, architecture, standards and budget
- Responsible for writing and analyzing requirements on moderately complex project / workstream
- Document, monitor and is accountable to the Project Manager for own timeline/progress
- Develop an understanding of Agile development process for diverse requirements, including scrum and Kanban
- Willingness to learn and gain exposure to new technologies
- College Degree with a concentration in Management Information Systems, Mathematics or Computer Science preferred, or equivalent work experience
- 1-3 years general IT experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, demonstrated organization skills, and good critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Extracurricular activities and leadership roles in their respective colleges, universities, or communities are preferred
*We do not offer Visa sponsorship.
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.
We have been providing stability and reliability to our clients since 1859 to help them live their lives with confidence, to give them peace of mind, and enable them to realize their dreams for their loved ones and their legacy.
As an employer AXA is committed to creating an environment where everyone feels completely comfortable bringing their true selves to work every day. AXA US has been recognized and certified as a great place to work by the Great Place to Work Institute.
We provide our employees opportunities to move within our organization so they can grow their career and skills without ever having to leave AXA. Almost 40% of our open jobs are filled with current employees.
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.