The Senior Manager – Policy Forms Compliance & Development at AXA is a key position in the Product, Pricing and Underwriting area of the Employee Benefits (EB) division, reporting directly to the Director of EB Policy Forms Filing and Compliance. The person in this role supports the drafting of AXA's Employee Benefits array of products including group life insurance, dental and vision, short-term and long-term disability, gap medical, and hospital indemnity, and critical illness. The primary goal of this position is to advance the AXA's leading competitive position related to policy language and forms and drive product compliance.
Product Forms & Policy Language
• Support Team of Policy Forms Development staff in analyzing and responding to complex objections received from State Insurance Departments.
• Act as "go-to" for policy forms compliance questions from internal partners including Legal, Operations, Quality Assurance and Underwriting.
• Draft policy language for new and existing products - ongoing evolution of our existing forms and policy language.
• Research competitor product offerings for potential inclusion AXA's product suite.
• Evaluate existing policy language; develop and implement enhancements.
• Prepare product filing of policy, certificate, amendments and related forms.
• Draft Responses to state regulator's comments to secure filing approval as necessary.
• Develop business rules for the Information Technology team; provide system specifications applicable to new and revised forms and support implementation.
• Responsible for compliance with regulatory requirements impacting the product filing and approval of individual and group policies and/or certificates for all Employee Benefits products.
• Perform statutory analysis of new legislation/statue in effort to determine any impact to the Employee Benefit Products.
• Contribute to the development of products added to the EB product suite particularly related to relevant policy language and forms.
• Attends internal calls with the Distribution team if required base on case complexity analysis.
• Research and develop products for other markets; ACA, Trusts, Labor Union, etc.
• Respond to inquiries from Quality Assurance and Operations.