The Actuarial Hedging and Hedging Strategy team is looking for an entrepreneurial actuary to establish and evolve a newly designed statutory-based hedging strategy for our Variable Annuity (“VA”) business.
AXA has more than a century of history but is undergoing rapid change and we believe there are many opportunities for technical innovation and creative solutions. You will be joining a small team with a startup feel, with a broad range of responsibilities and possible directions.
• Work on the evolving dynamic hedge credit for VA which involves large datasets.
• Generate the compression process for our VA inventory and carry out independent investigations/research
• Play a key role in the production of VA Strategic Plan projections (inforce / New Business) and VA Risk Appetite framework (liquidity, capital)
• Produce the Value in Force for Embedded Value calculation
• Develop and maintain the infrastructure to accelerate future results
• A strong academic record with at least one Bachelor’s degree or an advanced degree in a technical discipline, FSA preferred
• Solid knowledge of Statistics and Computer Science
• Experience producing complex reports involving large dataset and analysis of change
• High interest in working in a fast-paced, frequently-changing environment
• Experience with data analysis tools, advanced programing skills
Internal Title: Senior Manager
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.
AXA is a leading financial protection company, committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse, multicultural and inclusive environment, and one of the nation’s premier providers of life insurance and annuity products. The organization was established in 1859 and we are committed now more than ever to helping clients meet financial goals in all stages of their lives. One of the hallmarks of our proud heritage is providing world-class customer service.
We're always looking for smart and talented people to help us develop new and innovative ways to expand our product portfolio, reach new customers and serve well the clients already a part of the AXAfamily.