The Financial Protection Sales team is seeking a Director, Business Development, to lead the execution of a new and innovative Independent Distribution strategy. This position will report to the Head of Independent Sales. Our ability to drive Life Insurance sales through enhanced relationships with firm partners from senior leaders to end producers is a significant opportunity to differentiate from competitors. The challenge includes co-creating and executing on robust sales strategies with (Producer Groups, BGAS or Wires). The desired candidate will possess exceptional relationship building skills, the ability to create and drive strategy, and present AXA’s value proposition and products with ease from multiple platforms. The chosen candidate must have the entrepreneurial mentality needed to get several processes and projects up and running in short order. The ability to obtain buy-in and influence at the highest levels, and followership from the teams executing on the strategy will be critical to success in this position.
The incumbent will be primarily responsible for what follows here:
• Establish and enhance relationships with a specific subset of AXA’s Life partners in the Independent space. Note we must dually focus on relationships with partners whose business has remained static or declined, as well as introduce AXA to new relationships who have not yet done business with us.
• Be a champion for AXA by knowing and espousing our value proposition and product offering with the highest degree of confidence and technical understanding. Be prepared not only to connect firm leaders with experts – be prepared to be the expert.
• Create from scratch a detailed business plan for each designated relationship, considering markets, various distribution factors, and stakeholder biases. Obtain unwavering buy-in from all involved parties – both at the partner firms and within our own organization to implement and successfully drive the strategy into the business.
• Continuously measure the effectiveness of each business development plan to ensure that firm goals are exceeded. Analyze Sales results in detail to identify trends and opportunities, and be attuned to the impact of changing industry forces.
• Think of and drive experimentation of new and creative ways to drive greater market share among select relationships. Pilot never-before-tried ways to wholesale and enhance relationships by making it easy to do business with AXA. Offer value-adds not even thought of by our competitors.
• Be the AXA presence at several firm and industry meetings. This includes influencing the agenda and our participation, as well as representing AXA as a platform speaker. Potential venues include but are not limited to Board Meetings, keynote presentations, and advisory councils.
• Serve as a liaison to our External and Internal Sales teams, New Business and Service teams ensure everyone relevant to the sale understands and is aligned to the territory plans and sales strategies. Provide extensive coaching on firm strategy and dynamics to all AXA team members who touch the sale to ensure success.
• Negotiate how budget dollars are invested with firm partners and ensure that all sponsorships are mutually beneficial and supportive of our goals. Assess, measure and report on how such investments further our specific goals.
• 10+ years of financial services industry experience
• 5+ experience in Sales, Business Development or Key Accounts role
• Expert-level knowledge of Life Insurance industry and products
• Exceptional selling skills, with formal training and experience in Consultative or needs-based selling
• Exceptional live meeting facilitation skills, with the passion and energy to frequently deliver keynote presentations if needed
• Demonstrated success obtaining buy-in with senior leaders and at the C-level
• Ability to lead change and influence multiple stakeholders to rally support from entire organization in order to execute strategy
• Willing to travel 60%
AXA is a leading financial protection company, committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse, multicultural and inclusive environment, and one of the nation’s premier providers of life insurance and annuity products. The organization was established in 1859 and we are committed now more than ever to helping clients meet financial goals in all stages of their lives. One of the hallmarks of our proud heritage is providing world-class customer service.
We're always looking for smart and talented people to help us develop new and innovative ways to expand our product portfolio, reach new customers and serve well the clients already a part of the AXA family.