Reporting to the Head of Sales Support, this role will lead the design and delivery of product and skill training for our key partners in both retail and independent channels, as well as our own internal and external wholesalers. Our ability to drive Life Insurance sales through training, coaching, and development, is a significant opportunity to differentiate from competitors. The desired candidate will possess exceptional sales coaching skills, world-class facilitation skills, and a passion for Life Insurance, products/concept as well as sales skills. The incumbent will: • Own the start to end build and deployment of a series of “Training-in-a-Box” toolkits, designed for wholesalers to deliver to AXA Advisor district managers and other partners for purposes of training financial advisors and producers. Create and deliver train-the-trainer curricula and coach salespeople and leaders on the delivery of same.
• Build from scratch and lead programs on consultative selling, insight selling, presentation skills, negotiation, storytelling, and other sales skills. Create all workshop materials, PowerPoint presentations, accompanying workbooks, job aides, thought leadership, and conversation tools to support curriculum.
• Customize the team’s coaching programs and selling skills programs for retail and independent firm leaders and their teams. Personally deliver programs and provide 1:1 coaching and consultation for top relationships.
• Partner closely with AXA Advisors Virtual University team to grow AXA Life’s presence on their training platform.
• Evaluate the success of all programs by analyzing program feedback and their connection to sales results; ensure that no program is delivered and then forgotten by providing thorough reinforcement and after-care.
• Demonstrate strong product and sales concept knowledge, be highly skilled in using all Sales Technology, and continue to grow as a life-long student of the business.
• FINRA Series 6, 63, and Life, Health & Annuities licenses
• 8 years of life insurance industry experience in sales or sales training
• 5+ experience designing or deliver training for financial advisors, life insurance producers, or financial services sales teams
• Exceptional live meeting facilitation skills, with the passion and energy to frequently deliver multi-day programs if needed
• Demonstrated success leading and building teams
• Strong ability to coach and inspire others to excel; Coaching certification highly desired
• Ability to obtain significant buy-in from multiple stakeholders and sell training experiences and their results
• Exceptional communication skills, and the ability to take a lot of information and distill it into logical and engaging formats
• Willing to travel 60%, approximately 3/4 weeks each month
AXA is a leading financial protection company, committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse, multicultural and inclusive environment, and one of the nation’s premier providers of life insurance and annuity products. The organization was established in 1859 and we are committed now more than ever to helping clients meet financial goals in all stages of their lives. One of the hallmarks of our proud heritage is providing world-class customer service.
We're always looking for smart and talented people to help us develop new and innovative ways to expand our product portfolio, reach new customers and serve well the clients already a part of the AXA family.