The Chief of Staff to the Business CFO & Treasurer is a key member of the corporate finance team and organization. The individual serves as a central point of organization for the Business CFO & Treasurer, to ensure their efficiency and effectiveness in developing and driving the strategic business agenda for the organization.
This highly visible role will lead and drive key strategic initiatives that will increase organizational capability and efficiency, including: change initiatives, employee engagement, communications, project management, new business ventures and logistical operations. In addition, the role is also responsible for ensuring that the Business CFO & Treasurer is fully briefed and prepared for all day-to-day professional interactions and activities, which include but not limited to research, presentation creation, executive briefings, financial reporting, monthly business reviews, Board of Director meetings, AXA Group meetings, etc. This individual will also partner with other business areas on projects and initiatives.
The ideal candidate is comfortable in a high performance, fast paced, high-pressure environment. Absolute confidentiality is required. Well-developed financial/quantitative analytical skills and superb written and verbal communication skills are a must.
• Participate in and assist with the strategic and tactical business planning and implementation requiring close communication and interaction with senior leaders to ensure stated goals and objectives are executed.
• Lead projects across corporate finance and M&A.
• Project management and initiative execution on all phases of assigned initiatives, working with appropriate business areas as necessary.
• Communication strategy and plan creation and execution (including coordination with employee engagement initiatives and Scope and Diversity goals).
• Act as a point of contact between senior management, employees and other stakeholders.
• Support the coordination and preparation for all meetings/events chaired and/or attended by the Business CFO & Treasurer.
• Create written and graphical presentations of financials for internal and external audiences.
• Assist in planning and preparing for: quarterly and monthly business area operating reviews with senior executive team, AXA Group activities and other outside conferences.
• Review financial and sales reports and industry data on a periodic basis, prepare reports, trend analysis and executive summaries.
• Involvement in annual budget preparation.
• Strong Financial and Communications background.
• Bachelor's Degree in Finance or related field.
• 6+ years of experience.
• This is a fast-paced environment, which often requires the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
• Success in the position is highly dependent on the individual’s mastery across 4 key competency dimensions: strategic, operating, interpersonal and technical.
• The individual must be flexible and have a comfort level with working in an often-ambiguous environment.
• Self-starter with strong-problem solving skills. Being able to plan and organize with and through people is critical to success.
• Extremely organized with unfailing attention to detail.
• Extremely pro-active, anticipating needs and staying out ahead of them.
• Ability to facilitate meetings and communicate results to project team and management; present to customers and project sponsors and play a supporting role in presentation to higher levels of management.
• Ability to formulate clear and concise executive “messages” to internal and external audiences from complex topics.
• Demonstrated ability in financial/quantitative data analysis.
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.
AXA is a leading financial protection company, committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse, multicultural and inclusive environment, and one of the nation’s premier providers of life insurance and annuity products. The organization was established in 1859 and we are committed now more than ever to helping clients meet financial goals in all stages of their lives. One of the hallmarks of our proud heritage is providing world-class customer service.
We're always looking for smart and talented people to help us develop new and innovative ways to expand our product portfolio, reach new customers and serve well the clients already a part of the AXA family.