AXA is looking for a knowledgeable and innovative people leader to join us in our Charlotte location and build out our Forms and Filing team. The Forms and Filing function within our US Life Business is paramount to both ensuring the successful rollout of new and enhanced products, as well as ensuring that current products remain in compliance with various state regulations.
This position will lead and manage a team of 8 individuals and oversee the overall state insurance filing activities, including the drafting of life insurance forms, the preparation of life insurance form filing submissions to state insurance departments, and to ensure state insurance examiners’ approval of the submitted form filings prior to product launch, plus the ongoing regulatory compliance of the approved forms. Detailed key accountabilities are specified below.
• Oversees the team’s drafting of individual life insurance policy, rider, endorsement and application forms for variable life, indexed variable life, universal life, indexed universal life, whole life and term life in accordance with Product Management’s specifications, current state insurance laws, and current Interstate Insurance Product Regulation Commission (IIPRC) form standards;
• As moderator, coordinates meetings for the vetting process of form drafts that will include internal parties for form review and final signoff, such as Product Management, Legal Division, Actuarial, and Underwriting;
• Ensures that the Life Forms Filing team prepares and files final form submissions to the state insurance departments and the IIPRC within a timely manner;
• Ensures that the Life Forms Filing team gains maximum number of form filing submission approvals in the jurisdictions where the Company is licensed prior to product launch (this includes ensuring that team members expeditiously resolve state insurance examiners’ objections to such product filings, if any, on or before insurance department deadlines);
• Ensures that approved life insurance forms are included in appropriate administrative systems for forms issuance;
• Ensures that the Life Forms Filing team promptly publishes clear and informative product memoranda and ongoing compliance communication during the form approval process phase and on or before the effective date of any regulatory change;
• In addition to new product form filings as referenced above, ensures that required annual state filings are submitted on or before the specified due dates established by the state insurance departments; such filings include, but are not limited to, NAIC illustration filings, Long-Term Care Services product reporting (i.e. for any claim denials, rescissions, lapse and replacements), state exempt forms listings, and the New York State Department of Financial Services (NYSDFS) required indexed variable life product reporting for customer complaints. Other state filings include, but are not limited to, the NYSDFS required filings for any variable life fund changes, as well as any new advertising material filings for Long-Term Care products as required by state insurance departments.
• Requires periodic travel to industry meetings to keep abreast of life insurance topics, such meetings include the Association of Insurance Compliance Professionals, American Counsel of Life Insurers, and the Life and Health Compliance Association;
• Establishes and maintains strong business relationships with state insurance examiners;
• Monitors and tracks proposed or new state insurance legislation and regulations in relation to filed life insurance forms via RegEd—the Company’s compliance operation system—and delegates directive action to the Life Forms Filing team accordingly;
• Assists the Government Relations/Legal Division with ongoing state market conduct examinations as applicable and provides any recommendations for remedial action if necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education:
• 10+ years of individual life insurance forms filing, drafting, and compliance experience of all product types mentioned above;
• Experience with the supervision of life form filing compliance professionals, including the ability to train, mentor, and manage staff;
• Requires a self-directed person with strong initiative and organizational skills;
• Strong research, analytical and practical problem-solving skills;
• Effective verbal and written communication skills;
• Minimum education: Bachelor’s degree;
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, knowledge of RegEd a plus.
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.
AXA is a leading financial protection company, committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse, multicultural and inclusive environment, and one of the nation’s premier providers of life insurance and annuity products. The organization was established in 1859 and we are committed now more than ever to helping clients meet financial goals in all stages of their lives. One of the hallmarks of our proud heritage is providing world-class customer service.
We're always looking for smart and talented people to help us develop new and innovative ways to expand our product portfolio, reach new customers and serve well the clients already a part of the AXA family.