The Actuarial Director will be responsible for serving as a subject matter expert on actuarial analytics and reporting, variable annuity hedging, policyholder behavior assumption analysis and experience studies, development and maintenance of actuarial analytical and reporting tools and processes, and product design. This role will manage up to 3-4 actuaries and quantitative analysts.
Variable Annuity Hedging Program:
• Manage the dynamic hedge program to produce liability option values and Greeks, rollforward and inforce model runs. Work closely with derivatives trading to ensure timely and accurate execution of daily rebalancing.
• Accurately assess reasonability of data, feed and results. Take proactive actions to prevent or mitigate operational risks.
• Work closely with Risk Management to monitor performance attributions and analyze trends. Work with accounting and auditors to provide regular and ad hoc, reporting, review and documentation. Work with Annuity Pricing team to implement new products and new product enhancements into actuarial models.
Development/maintenance of new-generation Variable Annuity products:
• Design, develop, model, test and deploy operationally robust processes to incorporate new products and features. Perform any typical actuarial model maintenance including but not limited to validation, fixes, updates and enhancements.
• Collaborate with the Legal, Trading, Operations, Risk Management, IT, Pricing, Life and Annuity Business Areas and Compliance in feasibility studies, system designs, process designs, and hedge strategies of VA products.
• Procure, process and construct the necessary market data used in the processes and build data analytical tools to provide insights.
Policyholder Behavior Assumptions and Experience Studies:
• Monitor, analyze, present, report and document on the latest development of policyholder behaviors.
• Follow industry trends on experience studies and regularly provide expert opinions on assumptions updates.
• Perform ad hoc sensitivity analysis and impact studies.
• FSA or equivalent
• 7+ years of experience in an actuarial role; strong academic background (Bachelors Degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Engineering, etc.)
• Strong data analytics are preferred
o The candidate is expected to work with actuarial software and databases, programming skills are desired
• Operational reliability and strong commitment to quality and timely delivery and continuous improvement; Solid work ethic
• Experience working with accounting, auditors, and/or regulators is desirable
• Knowledge of financial engineering, option trading strategies, and understanding of variable and fixed annuity products
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.
AXA is a leading financial protection company, committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse, multicultural and inclusive environment, and one of the nation’s premier providers of life insurance and annuity products. The organization was established in 1859 and we are committed now more than ever to helping clients meet financial goals in all stages of their lives. One of the hallmarks of our proud heritage is providing world-class customer service.
We're always looking for smart and talented people to help us develop new and innovative ways to expand our product portfolio, reach new customers and serve well the clients already a part of the AXA family.