The position provides the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that the Operation Centers have administrative and reporting procedures, the proper operational controls and people systems in place to effectively manage the teams and to ensure operational efficiency. The position accomplishes this through a respectful, constructive and energetic style, guided by the objectives and values of the AXA US. The Director of Operations is a key member of the team that plans, coordinates and executes AXA US Operations’ strategy. The individual serves as the central point for Operations Service Centers to ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of the business in developing and driving the strategic agenda. This highly visible role is responsible for ensuring that the Managing Director and the Operations leadership team are fully briefed and prepared for all day-to-day professional interactions, which includes but is not limited to research, presentation creation, executive briefings, financial reporting, and monthly business reviews. This individual will also partner with the Chief Transformation Office and other executive teams and business partners on projects and initiatives. In addition, the role will lead and drive key strategic initiatives on behalf of the Operations Centers including; new business ventures, strategic reviews, long-term business planning, project management, logistical operations, change initiatives, employee engagement, and communications. Success in the position is highly dependent on the individual’s mastery across four key competency dimensions: operating, strategic, interpersonal, and technical. Absolute confidentiality is required. In addition, the individual will be adept at multi-tasking, have unquestionable integrity, with an uncompromising commitment to quality and superb attention to detail. Well-developed written and verbal communications skills as well as financial and analytical skills, are a must.
• Oversee all large and/or special projects delivery and implementation
• Collaborate with the management team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the objectives of our organization
• Oversee process of and participate in the strategic business planning and implementation, collaborating closely with Operations Center Senior Leadership team to ensure stated goals and objectives are executed
• Project management and initiative execution across all phases of assigned initiatives, working with appropriate business areas as necessary
• Activities include: Leads effort to determine analytical needs for project or work stream; gather data; identify most appropriate tools and resources; perform analysis; generate actionable recommendations
• Internal and external communication strategy development and execution (including coordination with employee engagement initiatives, and Diversity goals)
• Provide thought leadership, challenging the norm and encouraging creativity in problem solving
• Partner with CTO and other executive teams, business partners and Operations Center leadership team on quarterly and monthly business area operating reviews, and other events as needed
• Acts as Operations Center representative on AXA US steering committees and/or working groups and as point of contact between senior management, employees and other stakeholders
• Support the coordination and preparation for all meetings/events chaired and/or attended by the Managing Director [and Site Leads?]
• Contribute to the design and planning of special off-sites for the department
• Create written and graphical presentations of qualitative and quantitative data (messaging, data analysis, and materials) for internal and external audiences
• Review financials, and industry data on a periodic basis, prepare reports, trend analysis and executive summaries
• Assist in fostering a success-oriented, accountable environment within the AXA US.
• Minimum of 10 years of complex project management experience
• Bachelors degree
• Advanced user of Microsoft Office
• Results Driven
• Thoughtful decision making
• Uncompromising integrity and ability to maintain strict confidentiality
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and high level of comfort/ease interacting with all levels of the organization, up to and including Executive Committee
Demonstrated ability to:
• Deliver results in a fast-paced environment, which often requires the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
• Solve problems and think strategically/critically
• Be proactive and have a comfort level with working in an often-ambiguous environment, anticipating needs and staying out ahead of them
• Collaborate, plan and organize with and through people to gather information from across the organization and create cohesive documents to make business recommendations
• Extremely organized with unfailing attention to detail
• Exceptional written and verbal communications skills, with ability to formulate clear and concise executive “messages” to internal and external audiences from complex topics
• Financial/quantitative data analysis
• Exceptional PowerPoint and Excel a must (demonstrating advanced use of charts, graphs)
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.
AXA is a leading financial protection company, committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse, multicultural and inclusive environment, and one of the nation’s premier providers of life insurance and annuity products. The organization was established in 1859 and we are committed now more than ever to helping clients meet financial goals in all stages of their lives. One of the hallmarks of our proud heritage is providing world-class customer service.
We're always looking for smart and talented people to help us develop new and innovative ways to expand our product portfolio, reach new customers and serve well the clients already a part of the AXA family.