The Senior Actuary - Hedging position will be responsible for serving as a subject matter expert on SCS and related products, particularly operations related to actuarial valuation and NUV pricing of segment options, development and maintenance of processes, and product design. This role may manage one actuarial student.
Daily/periodic SCS/IUL/MSO operations
• Timely and accurate execution of operations include pricing, valuation, opening, maturing and ad hoc exercises and reporting
• Accurately assess reasonability of data, results and feed
• The employee is expected to become proficient in SCS processes to be able to resolve any operational issues in a constrained timeframe, typically within an hour or two to meet nightly data publication
• Come to the office before 8AM two to three times a month to handle weekly/bi-weekly trading activities
Development/maintenance of SCS/IUL/MSO tool chain and processes
• Design, develop, test and deploy operationally robust processes to incorporate new products and features
• Collaborate with the Legal, Trading, Operations, Risk Management, IT, Pricing, Life and Annuity Business Areas, and Compliance in feasibility studies, system designs, and process designs of structured products
• Procure, process and construct the necessary market data used in the processes
Design of new structured products & others
• Analyze and present on the profitability of inforce and new products
• Provide expert opinions on new product ideas
• Perform ad hoc pricing exercises for Life and Annuity Business Areas
Internal Title: Senior Manager
• ASA or equivalent
• 3+ years of experience in an actuarial role
• Strong programming skills are required
o The candidate is expected to work with, in the order of importance, C++, perl, VBA and R
o Knowledge in data structures and object-oriented programming is preferred
• Operational reliability
• Bloomberg or Reuters
• Knowledge of financial engineering, option trading strategies and understanding of annuity structured products
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.
AXA is a leading financial protection company, committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse, multicultural and inclusive environment, and one of the nation’s premier providers of life insurance and annuity products. The organization was established in 1859 and we are committed now more than ever to helping clients meet financial goals in all stages of their lives. One of the hallmarks of our proud heritage is providing world-class customer service.
We're always looking for smart and talented people to help us develop new and innovative ways to expand our product portfolio, reach new customers and serve well the clients already a part of the AXA family.