AXA Charlotte, NC Office Address: 8501 IBM Drive; Charlotte, NC
The Accounting Practices team brings technical accounting expertise to our business partners and finance colleagues by assessing and advising how new and modified standards may impact our current accounting and reporting practices under IFRS, US GAAP, and Statutory. Our work includes analysis of proposed transactions to ensure an understanding of accounting and reporting implications of significant business decisions.
• Assist in analysis and implementation of new/modified accounting/disclosure standards for all accounting bases (US GAAP, IFRS & STAT) with primary emphasis on US GAAP
• Assist in transaction analysis to determine/advise on expected accounting/reporting impacts for all accounting basis, emphasis on GAAP
• Assist in review of AllianceBernstein financial statements and accounting policies including impacts on all consolidated and separate company financial statements
• Support the preparation of accounting policy memorandums, annual CAO report to Audit Committee and other management presentations as needed
• Prepare and support various BAU processes and SOX controls including consolidation assessments, embedded derivatives analysis and goodwill recoverability testing
• Participate in liaison relationships with external auditors (PWC), AXA Group, AllianceBernstein and third-party consultants such as benefit plan actuaries
• CPA required
• 7+ years accounting experience with 2+ years public accounting (auditing or “National Office” theory group) or US GAAP accounting policy experience.
• Strong, working understanding of US GAAP accounting literature/concepts and some familiarity with IFRS/STAT accounting guidance.
• Working in financial services industry required.
• Excellent written/verbal communications skills to facilitate implementations of new accounting standards, transaction analysis, crafting technical memos and participation in project teams with individuals from various areas of the Company.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and set priorities to manage demands and meet project deadlines within a fast-paced, team -driven environment.
• Microsoft office skills (Word, Powerpoint, Excel)
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.
AXA is a leading financial protection company, committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse, multicultural and inclusive environment, and one of the nation’s premier providers of life insurance and annuity products. The organization was established in 1859 and we are committed now more than ever to helping clients meet financial goals in all stages of their lives. One of the hallmarks of our proud heritage is providing world-class customer service.
We're always looking for smart and talented people to help us develop new and innovative ways to expand our product portfolio, reach new customers and serve well the clients already a part of the AXA family.