- This position supports the Director, IT Quality Assurance department, in developing a coordinated strategy and plan to implement IT Quality Assurance error detection and error prevention programs and to promote a quality culture for IT.
- This position participates in meetings with IT leadership designed to enlist their support for Total Quality initiatives in order enhance the success and adoption of these programs.
- This position manages the detailed analysis and evaluation of the current error detection and error prevention states to identify quality gaps and the need for new metrics, standards, processes, and evaluation points to enhance overall quality performance.
- This position also ensures that projects are delivered on time and in budget, at the appropriate level of functionality for the client.
- This position may compile and analyze complex data on current errors, test coverage or related matters and develop presentations outlining fact based findings and alternate solutions.
- This position will also have functional management responsibility for QE resources.
- This position will also serve as liaison with our offshore counterparts, working late nights and early mornings as required. Offshore will be heavily leveraged and this position will be working very closely with the offshore team members to ensure quality delivery with low production defect leakage
- This position will require ability to work within an agile team and perform any tasks needed for the team to be successful
- This position supports the adoption of established Quality methodologies such as Lean and Agile.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of technical IT work experience
- Superior knowledge of software testing concepts and methodologies including automation test script building/execution and agile exploratory testing; basic knowledge of, and exposure to quality engineering principles
- Superior knowledge of, and experience with various software development life-cycles, languages, test service virtualization and techniques (e.g., traditional and agile)
- Superior interpersonal / relationship management skills, able to foster working relationships within the team, across IT and with business colleagues
- Strong knowledge of business and technology practices and trends
- Superior influencing, negotiation and elicitation skills
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Adaptable and flexible
- Strong Individual Annuity product and business knowledge; AXA Individual Annuity business and product knowledge is a plus
- Strong experience with mainframe/distributed applications
- Experience with testing Admin system
- Experience with NUV's and Price files to support test cycles for Individual Annuity platform
- End to End Workflow and testing knowledge
- Experience managing/leading offshore teams for project delivery in both waterfall & lean/agile methodologies
- Statement and output validation
- Experience testing vendor applications, which are then customized to AXA's need
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.
AXA is a leading financial protection company, committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse, multicultural and inclusive environment, and one of the nation’s premier providers of life insurance and annuity products. The organization was established in 1859 and we are committed now more than ever to helping clients meet financial goals in all stages of their lives. One of the hallmarks of our proud heritage is providing world-class customer service.
We're always looking for smart and talented people to help us develop new and innovative ways to expand our product portfolio, reach new customers and serve well the clients already a part of the AXA family.