AXA Charlotte, NC office address: 8501 IBM Drive; Charlotte, NC
Internal Title: Manager
Sarbanes Oxley requires management to test the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting and provide an opinion on the effectiveness of these controls. Management is required to design the test of controls to validate their effectiveness and testing of the control should be performed independently from the process owners. The SOX PMO management testing team is seeking two individuals to perform this independent testing. This role requires the incumbent to:
• Partner with the Process Owners to ensure business processes are adequately documented within narratives, risks and controls are properly identified and a clear understand of the SOX testing requirements is understood.
• Obtain, review, and interpret business processes for completeness and accuracy and to perform comprehensive SOX testing.
• Communicate the timing requirement needed to perform Management testing.
• Ensure required testing support is submitted in an organized and timely manner. Perform appropriate follow up to ensure testing support meet the requirements for testing requirements.
• Perform Management testing in an organized and comprehensive manner.
• Prepare complete and accurate testing work papers inclusive of clear and concise commentary and cross references.
• Document recommendations for test plan modifications that would improve processes, strengthen control points and/or testing procedures.
• Monitor the remediation date for deficiencies and obtain the support from the process owners ensuring they meet the required remediation standards.
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting with at least 2 years of accounting experience.SOX control testing experience a plus
• Understanding of ITGC's
• Knowledge of COSO Risk and Internal Control framework
• Understanding of professional IIA performance standards in regards to planning, testing, sampling and documentation
• Good understanding of accounting principles and financial statements
• Well-developed technical skills in Word and Excel
• Excellent communication skills with ability to interact with all levels
• Strong analytical capability
• Logical approach to identifying and evaluating issues and problem solving
• Developed organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple assignments
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.
AXA is a leading financial protection company, committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse, multicultural and inclusive environment, and one of the nation’s premier providers of life insurance and annuity products. The organization was established in 1859 and we are committed now more than ever to helping clients meet financial goals in all stages of their lives. One of the hallmarks of our proud heritage is providing world-class customer service.
We're always looking for smart and talented people to help us develop new and innovative ways to expand our product portfolio, reach new customers and serve well the clients already a part of the AXA family.