This individual will be a product manager within the Life Product Development Group leading and supporting end to end life product implementation - from business requirements to implementation to rollout. Expertise in the mechanics of Indexed UL, Variable UL, Term, Whole Life and LTC rider; and sales concepts is required for this highly visible role. Other key attributes are excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), attention to detail, diligent work ethic, ability to creatively solve problems, excellent Microsoft skills, and excellent project management skills.
Key responsibilities include:
• Working under general direction will support the implementation of new products and product
changes in an orderly and timely fashion. Lead the development and maintenance of detailed business specifications. Lead the drafting of field bulletins, product guides and other communication items as needed.
•Support ideation and design discussions for life product portfolio. During product design phase,
lead product management analysis and support as needed to design appropriate life products to meet customer needs and profitability measures.
• Support the marketing story for our life product portfolio. Lead the review of training and marketing pieces for latest product enhancements, sales concepts and competitive rank. Answer questions and provide resources to our wholesalers and the field on an as needed basis.
• Respond/support business partners with complex life product/program questions: Pricing, Inforce Product Management, IT, Quality Assurance, Proposals, Service, Operations, Filing, Legal, Marketing and Distribution.
• 5-8 years of life insurance, preferably in a product or project management role is required.
• Strong analytical skills and an ability to understand complex life insurance product levers
• Ability to independently complete basic and moderately complex projects/studies
• Prior experience with sales tracking, illustration software, financial analysis, competitive analysis, distribution surveys is helpful.
• CLU, ChFP, life sales or actuarial background and PMP are a plus, but not required.
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.
AXA is a leading financial protection company, committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse, multicultural and inclusive environment, and one of the nation’s premier providers of life insurance and annuity products. The organization was established in 1859 and we are committed now more than ever to helping clients meet financial goals in all stages of their lives. One of the hallmarks of our proud heritage is providing world-class customer service.
We're always looking for smart and talented people to help us develop new and innovative ways to expand our product portfolio, reach new customers and serve well the clients already a part of the AXA family.