AXA Charlotte, NC Office Address: 8501 IBM Drive; Charlotte, NC
The Expense Control team is an organization focused on partnering with business areas to meet their strategic needs through providing relevant insights/guidance and timely/accurate data. This multi-locational team leverages key business knowledge and clear and concise communication with our business partners to provide excellent support of their needs. The Accounting, Analysis and Reporting role focuses on the corporate accounting and analysis of the company expense results to provide executive management and AXA Group with a clear and concise message on overall expenses. In order to complete these tasks, this position requires strong accounting skills as well as strong computer skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Prepares moderate to complex account reconciliations, journal entries, management and financial reporting/metrics and related analytics.
• Prepares ad hoc reports to support management requests.
• Provides supporting documentation to audit and regulatory requests.
• Performs SOX Compliance Testing.
• Manages a series of functions or a larger, departmental project.
• May work with Business Partners to prepare business requirement documents and ad hoc related projects.
• Researches accounting theory.
• Prepares documentation of standard operating practices.
• May review junior level staff journal and account reconciliations.
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
• 3-5 years experience in accounting, analysis and reporting
• Solid understanding of accounting and financial reporting concepts.
• Demonstrates analytical skills including solid understanding of business processes and concepts.
• Insurance industry and accounting experience is a plus.
• Excellent written/verbal communications and listening skills.
• Requires strong communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrates ability to work independently and meet project deadlines and work within a fast-paced, project-driven and team environment.
• Strong knowledge of MS products (Excel, Word, Access).
• Knowledge of SAP and Hyperion Smartview Add-in a plus.
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.
AXA is a leading financial protection company, committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse, multicultural and inclusive environment, and one of the nation’s premier providers of life insurance and annuity products. The organization was established in 1859 and we are committed now more than ever to helping clients meet financial goals in all stages of their lives. One of the hallmarks of our proud heritage is providing world-class customer service.
We're always looking for smart and talented people to help us develop new and innovative ways to expand our product portfolio, reach new customers and serve well the clients already a part of the AXA family.