This individual will be a product manager within the Life Product Development Group supporting end to end life product implementation - from business requirements to implementation to rollout. Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), attention to detail, diligent work ethic, ability to creatively solve problems, excellent Microsoft skills, and strong project management skills are the key attributes required for this highly visible role.
Key responsibilities include:
• Support implementation of new products and product changes in an orderly and timely fashion. Develop and maintain detailed business specifications. Draft field bulletins, product guides and other communication items as needed.
• Participate in competitive intelligence by running illustrations and reporting results. • • Participate in and support the interdepartmental test committee for new product introductions and product changes.
• Support marketing story for our life product portfolio. Review training and marketing pieces for latest product enhancements, sales concepts and competitive rank. Answer questions and provide resources to our wholesalers and the field on an as needed basis.
• Provide ad-hoc product analysis and support as needed. May include sales tracking, financial analysis, competitive analysis, distribution surveys, governance submissions, etc.
• Be a life insurance product subject matter expert and support IT, business partners, Operations and Distribution.
• 2-4 years of life insurance, preferably in a product or project management role is required.
• Strong analytical skills and an ability to understand complex life insurance product levers
• Demonstrated ability to document meeting minutes and business specifications
• Demonstrated ability to manage small projects independently and coordinate teams consisting of members from a variety of business areas.
• Prior experience with sales tracking, financial analysis, competitive analysis (including running illustrations), distribution surveys, etc. is helpful.
• CLU, ChFP, life sales, life sales desk/illustration or actuarial background are a plus, but not required.
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.
AXA is a leading financial protection company, committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse, multicultural and inclusive environment, and one of the nation’s premier providers of life insurance and annuity products. The organization was established in 1859 and we are committed now more than ever to helping clients meet financial goals in all stages of their lives. One of the hallmarks of our proud heritage is providing world-class customer service.
We're always looking for smart and talented people to help us develop new and innovative ways to expand our product portfolio, reach new customers and serve well the clients already a part of the AXA family.