- Create architectural solutions for projects and ongoing maintenance of the IT estate that align to AXA architectural guidelines and move AXA toward specific business capability development and/or simplification.
- Focus on the architectural design and implementation of a suite of applications/products. Typically the application/product suite(s) are in support one line of business or user type
- Ensure an integrated approach to solution development.
- Deliver some solutions as a high level individual contributor or in other cases, may be an integral part of a team structure involved in solution development.
- Determine the overall approach from a standards, programming and coding perspective on the assigned projects.
- Evaluate new applications technologies and approaches to determine, within the scope of the role, their usefulness and applicability to the organization.
'- 3-6 years of general IT experience
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience
- Ability to rapidly acquire business domain knowledge in new areas
- Detailed knowledge of some the following:
> Architecture frameworks (TOGAF, Zachman)
> System modeling using UML and Use Cases.
> Architecture and Systems design tools (Rational, Borland App Life Cycle Suite, Mega, System Architect, etc)
> Continuous integration / Continuous deployment methodologies
> Architecture practice with Agile teams (Scrum & Kanban)
> Public cloud architect and design
> Multi-threaded software applications
> Sizing and capacity planning for large scale Linux/Unix based servers in high-availability environments
> Business Process Management and/or Workflow Management concepts and systemss
Has an in-depth knowledge of the Architect Enterprise and Standards Guidelines and business
domain-specific standards and guidelines.
While the person may also have Programming, Systems Analysis, Design, Networking,
Administration, or other experience to support their role, the Solutions Architect must be experienced
and/or trained in IT Architecture methods and practices.
Programming languages (ability to develop applications
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.
AXA is a leading financial protection company, committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse, multicultural and inclusive environment, and one of the nation’s premier providers of life insurance and annuity products. The organization was established in 1859 and we are committed now more than ever to helping clients meet financial goals in all stages of their lives. One of the hallmarks of our proud heritage is providing world-class customer service.
We're always looking for smart and talented people to help us develop new and innovative ways to expand our product portfolio, reach new customers and serve well the clients already a part of the AXA family.