Sitting within the Creative Services team and reporting to the Creative Director, this role will have general proofreader responsibilities including, but not limited to, proofreading, copyediting and line editing. In addition, he/she will be expected to revise text, correct spelling, stylistic consistency, uphold brand integrity, proper grammar and syntax, and general quality control of all materials that pass through the team.
Basic job functions include:
– Proofreading documents from all areas of the company, from one-page flyers to fifty-page documents; copyediting and line editing of text when necessary.
– Ensuring that every document is professional and error-free, reflecting not only proper grammar, spelling and style, but also the commitment to quality displayed by the company as a whole.
– Assuring that language and company style are consistent from document to document.
– Working closely with business partners, designers, Creative Director and senior management.
– Handling heavy, detailed workload with pressing deadlines and last-minute changes.
– Daily/weekly project status reporting
Proofreading is an exacting, detail-oriented, often labor-intensive position, with a wide range of skills and knowledge needed to maintain the excellence demanded of it. At least 3+ years of experience are necessary with exposure to all proofreading styles, but with a weight toward graphics.
– Command of all aspects of English grammar
– Copyediting and line editing skills
– Ability to write
– Fluency in all styles of proofreading–legal and financial as well as in graphics
– Keen visual sense, since graphics proofreading deals with space, color and design in conjunction with words on the page.
– Knowledge of various desktop publishing software
– Work well under pressure
– Read with speed and accuracy to meet deadlines
– Strong communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team
– General knowledge of Insurance and Financial Services Industry a plus, but not required
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.
AXA is a leading financial protection company, committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse, multicultural and inclusive environment, and one of the nation’s premier providers of life insurance and annuity products. The organization was established in 1859 and we are committed now more than ever to helping clients meet financial goals in all stages of their lives. One of the hallmarks of our proud heritage is providing world-class customer service.
We're always looking for smart and talented people to help us develop new and innovative ways to expand our product portfolio, reach new customers and serve well the clients already a part of the AXA family.