For January 2018 start date.
The 12-month Technology Associate program provides technical job training within a single IT Senior Information Office (SIO) area. Candidates will gain exposure to core IT practice disciplines and new technologies while engaging on a variety of Discretionary projects and / or Lights On activities.
The Technology Associate will be aligned to one of the technical functional areas within IT such as Business Intelligence, Data Analysis, Systems Analysis, Programmer Analysis or Enterprise/Solution Architecture, Information Security, and Agile Development. Over the course of 12 months, the Syracuse, NY based Technology Associate will have the opportunity to combine challenging assignments and exposure to key decision makers and technology leaders within AXA. This highly competitive program is designed to bring top aspiring technology talent to shape the future leadership of our organization.
- Part of a team that analyzes basic requirements for data, processes, interfaces, controls, and outputs
- Contribute to defining time tables, project plans and schedules; analyzes and estimates feasibility, cost and compatibility with other systems
- Follow standards, procedures, and methodologies in the development life cycle
- Knowledgeable on theory and practice of systems analysis, data analysis, systems design, programming and systems implementation.
- Understand the context in which data is used within the business and match business requirements to the sources of data within systems
- Understand the structures, usage and sources of data, and support all technology teams in analyzing data to ensure it meets corporate policy and business data requirements
- Develop and deliver programming code in support of project deliverables
- Conduct unit testing to ensure code meets documented and approved application system requirements
- Communicate with peers and business unit in planning, developing, implementing and supporting IT projects
- Consult with IT management and client areas in resolving questions during the various IT project phases
- Help analyze impact of proposed solution across technology or existing technology platforms
- Work with client and IT management and staff to establish and maintain consistent data element definitions across computing environments
- Work with Senior Analysts on technical requirements and determines solutions for data, processes, interfaces, controls, outputs, environment, infrastructure tools/utilities and/or testing that fit within the recommended time frame, architecture, standards and budget
- Analyze and design data models and relational database designs
- Define data quality plans to address data quality issues; work with business partners to build business understanding of data issues
- Deliver quality programming code in support of application development projects
- Responsible for writing and analyzing requirements on moderately complex project / workstream
- Document, monitor and is accountable to the Project Manager for own timeline/progress
- Has decision authority within a single, small to moderate size project
- Implement security best practices using cutting edge security tools, vulnerability scanning, auditing, governance, risk & compliance.
- Develop an understanding of Agile development process for diverse requirements, including scrum and kanban
- Willingness to learn and gain exposure to new technologies
- College Degree with a concentration in Management Information Systems, Mathematics or Computer Science preferred, or equivalent work experience
- 1-3 years general IT experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, demonstrated organization skills, and good critical thinking and decision making skills
- Extracurricular activities and leadership roles in their respective colleges, universities, or communities are preferred
*We do not offer Visa sponsorship.
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.
AXA is a leading financial protection company, committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse, multicultural and inclusive environment, and one of the nation’s premier providers of life insurance and annuity products. The organization was established in 1859 and we are committed now more than ever to helping clients meet financial goals in all stages of their lives. One of the hallmarks of our proud heritage is providing world-class customer service.
We're always looking for smart and talented people to help us develop new and innovative ways to expand our product portfolio, reach new customers and serve well the clients already a part of the AXA family.