AXA Equitable is a leading financial protection company, committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse, multicultural and inclusive environment, and one of the nation’s premier providers of life insurance and annuity products. The organization was established in 1859 and we are committed now more than ever to helping clients meet financial goals in all stages of their lives. One of the hallmarks of our proud heritage is providing world-class customer service.
We're always looking for smart and talented people to help us develop new and innovative ways to expand our product portfolio, reach new customers and serve well the clients already a part of the AXA Equitable family.
3-5 years of related experience required.
Intermediate level of problem-solving skills, research and data-gathering ability, analytical skills, ability to read and interpret documents, basic negotiation skills, strong organizational skills, excellenct verbal and written communication skills, ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple projects.
Excellent proofreading ability, may train and mentor employees.
Advanced knowledge and application of Microsoft Office.
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.
• Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Executive Vice President: managing calendar; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence; arranging travel plans and other ad-hoc reporting requests.
• Communicates directly, and on behalf of the Executive Vice President, with associates, staff, clients and managers.
• Prioritize and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the EVP.
• Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters promptly, proactively, and follows-through on projects and events to successful completion.
• Responsible for planning and executing events for branch, including branch meetings, leaders dinners, company picnic, holiday party, etc.