• Leads the delivery of one or more talent management processes or initiatives in alignment with AXA’s talent management strategies, policies, and processes.
• Responsible for the deployment of one or more talent processes which may include organizational talent review, performance management, leadership development programs, competency and skill assessment tools
• Participates on cross-organizational project teams to design, improve, and implement effective talent management processes; may lead specified initiatives.
• Uses key performance indicators to conduct analyses of current and proposed talent management initiatives and processes; prepares recommended solutions; and analyzes conclusions for management review.
• Collaborates with business leaders to ensure talent processes meet the current and future needs of the function and organization, and provides input to global talent management teams to support continuous improvement initiatives.
• Works with HR Business Partners and COEs to integrate and maximize effectiveness of talent management processes.
5 to 7 years of work experience
• Project management – Capable of effectively managing complex projects with little to no guidance.
• Communication – Significant experience in written and verbal communication and can communicate effectively to all levels within and outside the company.
• Performance Management – Has a good understanding of organizational values and goals, translates them into performance standards, and applies and leads others through this process.
• Succession Planning – Understands and has applied the tools and processes of succession planning and management. Has a clear understanding of the differences between workforce planning, replacement planning, and succession planning and management and their application within the workforce.
• Organizational Change Management – Possesses a basic understanding of Change Management Principles and knows when and how to apply them in different contexts.
Master’s degree a plus
SHRM certification a plus
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.
AXA is a leading financial protection company, committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse, multicultural and inclusive environment, and one of the nation’s premier providers of life insurance and annuity products. The organization was established in 1859 and we are committed now more than ever to helping clients meet financial goals in all stages of their lives. One of the hallmarks of our proud heritage is providing world-class customer service.
We're always looking for smart and talented people to help us develop new and innovative ways to expand our product portfolio, reach new customers and serve well the clients already a part of the AXA family.