Reporting to the Head of Product Development for the Life Business, this key role will have significant impact on the direction of AXA’s strategy within the Life Insurance business as we look to develop new products and enhance current products to satisfy the needs of our customers and to grow our business.
The Product and Market Strategy team maintains an unrelenting focus on market opportunities, enhances our understanding, allowing us to meet the needs of our customers and our distributors. This role acts as champion for all growth based product and program initiatives within Financial Protection.
• Partner with Pricing, Sales, Underwriting and other cross-functional teams to identify new opportunities
• Understand client and distributor needs
– Open dialogue with customers/producers/wholesalers/distribution management
– Analyze Life Insurance market to identify current industry trends and gain an understanding of what other products are being created in our industry
• Build Concept Outlines that answer the questions:
– What is it?
– How it fits?
– Why it will work?
– How big is it?
• Drive development of Business Cases, providing cost-benefit analyses, and marketing strategies to drive ideas through the product development process. Be able to:
– Identify Target Opportunity (Make/Take or Keep Share)
– Articulate the opportunity from a market perspective by expressing the value received by the customer and/or distributor
– Outline product design and marketing approaches to meet objective while balancing the needs of stakeholders including Distribution, Pricing, Operations, Technology, Regulatory
• Ensure all new initiatives deliver market impact
– Identify necessary components for a successful launch
– Support the training of wholesalers on new products and product enhancements
• Serve as a Subject Matter Expert on the Life Insurance industry, our market segments and future product innovations
• 10+ years of Individual Life Insurance experience with knowledge and understanding of:
o Wholesaler supported distribution through financial representatives
o Profitability and Risk impacts
o Product implementation lifecycle (design, specs, testing, etc.)
o Regulatory requirements (filing, admin)
o Policy administration
o Underwriting and New Business processing
• Effective at matrix management
o Collaborative style that embodies teamwork across many different operating units within AXA.
o Ability to influence across multi-disciplinary teams
• Ability to distinguish and communicate Product objectives
• Ability to think outside the box with ability to get to "Win/Win" solutions to complex problems
• Strong leadership skills in team building and communication
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.
AXA is a leading financial protection company, committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse, multicultural and inclusive environment, and one of the nation’s premier providers of life insurance and annuity products. The organization was established in 1859 and we are committed now more than ever to helping clients meet financial goals in all stages of their lives. One of the hallmarks of our proud heritage is providing world-class customer service.
We're always looking for smart and talented people to help us develop new and innovative ways to expand our product portfolio, reach new customers and serve well the clients already a part of the AXA family.