In this highly visible role you will have the opportunity to help develop the long-range plans for AXA Advisors; drive efforts to improve efficiency and productivity of the organization; and partner with senior leaders to identify, evaluate, prioritize and deliver strategic initiatives across the business.
Typical projects span:
- New business development (including evaluating new market and product/service ideas; business case development; market entry scenarios; M&A, JVs and strategic partnership opportunities, etc.)
- Process management (including efficiency evaluations; process improvement recommendations; and might involve project managing initiative implementations, etc.)
Key Responsibilities include:
- Financial analysis, including business case support, monthly business review reporting, P&L management, sales projections, expense budgeting, etc
- Help to identify, assess, and evaluate new business opportunities, including new market and product/service ideas; and help support the analysis and comparison of alternative opportunities for entering new markets and adopting new technologies
- Help develop AXA Advisors strategic plan(s) to ensure its continued successful growth and profitability. May include coordinating input from all major business units to facilitate the integration of individual business unit plans with the corporate plan.
- Manage work streams and project team to identify issues, structure problems and generate actionable recommendations using formal problem solving frameworks and critical thinking
- Support and perform analysis for project or work streams, including gathering required data and identify most appropriate quantitative and qualitative analysis tools
- Help develop business cases in partnership with business area leaders and stakeholders to generate senior management support for strategic initiatives
- Help create and deliver presentations to senior management, including guiding the team to deliver very clear, structured and sometimes persuasive messaging (e.g., help others understand message or position, and effectively advocate perspectives or solutions)
- Be an active and eager member of the FBPU team; lead by example in inspiring a high performance culture
Finance Business Partner Unit requires the ability to balance deep financial analysis with stakeholder management executive communication. A successful candidate will be expected to manage multiple, complex assignments and competing priorities and must be comfortable working in an ambiguous environment. The team works with a results driven approach and transparent communication.
- 2+ years’ experience working with large corporation(s) either in a financial analysis role, internal/external strategy or business partner role
- Education Requirements: BA / BS required. MBA or other advanced degree a plus
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, with demonstrated ability to analyze and solve complex problems and drive change
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with all levels of the organization, including senior management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability develop and deliver presentations that synthesize complex problems and recommended solutions
- Excellent prioritization skills with a clear focus on results
- Strong analytical skills (including financial modeling to support business cases, valuations, etc.)
- Knowledge of the financial services industry
- Insurance/Financial licenses, six sigma, project management, CPA, CFA, actuarial certifications a plus
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.
AXA is a leading financial protection company, committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse, multicultural and inclusive environment, and one of the nation’s premier providers of life insurance and annuity products. The organization was established in 1859 and we are committed now more than ever to helping clients meet financial goals in all stages of their lives. One of the hallmarks of our proud heritage is providing world-class customer service.
We're always looking for smart and talented people to help us develop new and innovative ways to expand our product portfolio, reach new customers and serve well the clients already a part of the AXA family.