NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.
AXA US is hiring a Lead Manager, Chief of Staff reporting to the Head of Retirement Plan Services. The Chief of Staff is a key member of the team that plans, coordinates and executes AXA’s RPS strategy. The individual serves as the central point for RPS to ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of the business in developing and driving the strategic agenda.
This highly visible role is responsible for ensuring that the SED and the RPS leadership team are fully briefed and prepared for all day-to-day professional interactions, which includes but is not limited to research, presentation creation, executive briefings, financial reporting, monthly business reviews, AXA Group Management Committee and various Board meetings, etc. This individual will also partner with the Office of the CEO (OCEO) team and business partners on projects and initiatives.
In addition, the role will lead and drive key strategic initiatives on behalf of the RPS SED, including; new business ventures, strategic reviews, long-term business planning, project management, logistical operations, change initiatives, employee engagement, and communications.
Success in the position is highly dependent on the individual’s mastery across four key competency dimensions: strategic, operating, interpersonal, and technical. The ideal candidate must be comfortable in a high-performance, fast-paced, high-pressure environment. Absolute confidentiality is required. In addition, the individual will be adept at multi-tasking, have unquestionable integrity, with an uncompromising commitment to quality and superb attention to detail. Well-developed financial and analytical skills, as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must.
After spending approximately 24 to 36 months as Chief of Staff for RPS, the incumbent is expected to transition into a leadership position in an operating area.
• Oversee process of and participate in the strategic business planning and implementation, collaborating closely with RPS Senior Leadership team to ensure stated goals and objectives are executed.
• Project management and initiative execution across all phases of assigned initiatives, working with appropriate business areas as necessary.
• Activities include: Leads effort to determine analytical needs for project or work stream; gather data; identify most appropriate tools and resources; perform analysis; generate actionable recommendations
• Internal and external communication strategy development and execution (including coordination with employee engagement initiatives, Scope and Diversity goals)
• Provide thought leadership, challenging the norm and encouraging creativity in problem solving
• Partner with OCEO, business partners and RPS leadership team on quarterly and monthly business area operating reviews, internal and external board meetings, AXA Group activities and other outside conferences
• Acts as RPS representative on AXA US steering committees and/or working groups and as point of contact between senior management, employees and other stakeholders
• Support the coordination and preparation for all meetings/events chaired and/or attended by the SED
• Contribute to the design and planning of special off-sites for the department
• Create written and graphical presentations of qualitative and quantitative data (messaging, data analysis, and materials) for internal and external audiences
• Review financials, and industry data on a periodic basis, prepare reports, trend analysis and executive summaries
• Minimum of 5 to 7 years of complex project management experience and/or chief of staff role
• Bachelors degree or equivalent
• Advanced user of Microsoft Office
• Uncompromising integrity and ability to maintain strict confidentiality
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and high level of comfort/ease interacting with all levels of the organization, up to and including Executive Committee
Demonstrated ability to:
• Deliver results in a fast-paced environment, which often requires the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
• Solve problems and think strategically/critically
• Be proactive and have a comfort level with working in an often-ambiguous environment, anticipating needs and staying out ahead of them
• Collaborate, plan and organize with and through people to gather information from across the organization and create cohesive documents to make business recommendations
• Extremely organized with unfailing attention to detail
• Exceptional written and verbal communications skills, with ability to formulate clear and concise executive “messages” to internal and external audiences from complex topics
• Financial/quantitative data analysis
• Exceptional PowerPoint and Excel a must (demonstrating advanced use of charts, graphs)
AXA is a leading financial protection company, committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse, multicultural and inclusive environment, and one of the nation’s premier providers of life insurance and annuity products. The organization was established in 1859 and we are committed now more than ever to helping clients meet financial goals in all stages of their lives. One of the hallmarks of our proud heritage is providing world-class customer service.
We're always looking for smart and talented people to help us develop new and innovative ways to expand our product portfolio, reach new customers and serve well the clients already a part of the AXA family.