This position resides within IT and Operational Risk Management and will be responsible for AXA US' program for safeguarding client information in alignment with regulatory and legal requirements. The role requires an individual with a dynamic view of technology's influence on privacy and the ability to lead the company in a responsible manner.
• Create and manage an incident response process that coordinates various departments and stakeholders required to resolve matters related to data privacy
• Develop, implement, and update (as required) procedures and documentation related to the privacy program
• Create and deliver privacy training and awareness programs for employees, contractors, and/or other parties, as required
• Create and maintain a process for tracking and managing complaints regarding the usage of personal information
• Assist the Company in maintaining compliance with applicable laws related to privacy including, but not limited to, GLBA, HIPAA, FACTA, and state privacy and breach notification laws
• Provide ongoing reports to senior management regarding privacy incidents, initiatives, regulations, current/emerging risks, and general matters impacting the privacy program
• Provide annual reports to AXA Group regarding AXA’s compliance to privacy policies and standards
• Maintain working knowledge of all applicable laws, rules, and regulations related to data privacy
• Provide leadership and guidance to senior management and staff for initiatives, projects, and business development activities
• Serve as an interface to audit and regulatory bodies for the purpose of responding to inquiries and actions items related to privacy
• Develop a strategy that identifies and appropriately manages risk within the Company’s appetite, eliminates the risk of non-compliance, and reduces instances of negative impact to reputation
• Continually monitor, audit, and measure the effectiveness of the privacy program and develop plans to implement improvements, as appropriate and required
• Manage staff within the privacy program or Operational Risk Management (ORM), as applicable
• Bachelor’s degree minimum; Master’s degree or relevant certification preferred
• Minimum of ten (10) years’ work experience, preferably in Financial Services industry, including management experience
• Understanding of IT risk management and mitigation controls; risk transfer methodologies; corporate governance, regulatory controls and compliance; and privacy compliance
• Excellent knowledge of IT systems, processes and controls
• Experience in the design and development of governance frameworks and project management
• Ability to lead staff; innovative, resourceful, results oriented, with appropriate judgment
• A demonstrated ability to successfully lead multiple competing priorities from the business areas, Risk/Compliance or IT is critical
• Strong experience in managing relationships within a global Company
• Strong experience in strategic, critical and analytical thinking and pragmatic problem solving
• Superior communication, negotiation and presentation skills
• Ability to influence preferred outcomes across all business areas of the Company
• Superior organizational, analytical and research skills
• Demonstrated leadership ability in a team-oriented and collaborative environment
• Ability to work well under pressure while completing timely, executive level deliverables
• Ability to address complex and challenging issues and communicate effectively with business leaders at all levels
• Respect for diversity and ideas of others with a willingness to collaborate in a fast-paced team environment
• Excellent PC skills with proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, Project Manager, Access) and e-mail/calendar software
• Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including management, clients, and internal departments
• Master’s degree with IT concentration or Master’s in Business Administration (MBA)
• Industry recognized certifications (e.g., CISM, CRISC, ITIL, CIPP/US, CIPP/IT)
• Mastery of the following example areas:
o Data Protection / Privacy
o Process, Procedure, and Project Management
o Incident and Problem Management
o Policy and Procedures
o Third Party Management
o Identity Theft Prevention
o Data Loss Prevention
o Cyber Security
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.
AXA is a leading financial protection company, committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse, multicultural and inclusive environment, and one of the nation’s premier providers of life insurance and annuity products. The organization was established in 1859 and we are committed now more than ever to helping clients meet financial goals in all stages of their lives. One of the hallmarks of our proud heritage is providing world-class customer service.
We're always looking for smart and talented people to help us develop new and innovative ways to expand our product portfolio, reach new customers and serve well the clients already a part of the AXA family.
AXA Charlotte Office Address: 8501 IBM Drive; Charlotte, NC