The Project Manager/Vendor Manager – Finance Operations reports to the Managing Director of Central Finance and is responsible for two primary functions:
(1) Vendor management oversight for the AXA US Finance relationship with our offshore vendor partner
(2) Implementing and maintaining a portfolio management strategy to evaluate, prioritize and monitor execution of information management requests received by our Central Finance Management Information Center of Excellence (MI COE) which designs, implements and maintains reporting solutions for various internal business clients.
This role will also supervise a dedicated offshore resource which supports the activities noted below.
Offshore vendor management activities include:
- Coordinate and participate in all Strategic Planning Sessions to identify/evaluate new offshore opportunities and partner with Legal department for validation of all offshore opportunities and any changes in regulations.
- Facilitate discussions and negotiations between onshore and offshore business leaders regarding changes in contract terms, services required and staffing changes and coordinate related annual budgeting process.
- Coordinate annual review and signoff process for offshore service contracts, establish purchase orders and facilitate review and payment of related invoices.
- Conduct Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs) with onshore and offshore leadership teams to review compliance with Service Level Agreements (SLAs), identify risks and monitor remediation plans, and monitor productivity initiatives
- Travel to offshore location at least annually with a focus on execution of monitoring procedures, understanding emerging capabilities and gaining alignment on strategy and goals.
- Partner with onshore and offshore team leads to identify and prioritize process improvement opportunities and monitor follow through to achieve efficiencies
- Serve as point of issue escalation to generate solutions to business challenges and plan/implement solutions
- Partner with Finance team leads to assess feasibility of new migrations, prepare business case analysis to support recommendation and project manage migration execution in partnership with onshore and offshore team leads
Portfolio Management activities for the Management Information Center of Excellence include:
- Partner with Central Finance leadership to establish and maintain KPI dashboards which monitor the operating effectiveness of the Central Finance teams
- Serve as a central point of contact for Business Area clients to receive, analyze, prioritize and monitor information management requests handled by the Central Finance MI COE
- Facilitate sessions with Business Areas, Central Finance MI COE leads and IT to assess incoming requests and coordinate preparation of business cases and recommendations for approval
- Develop KPI dashboards to monitor the volume of request and status of execution for approved requests
- Track and monitor CF MIE COE resource utilization to ensure optimal deployment of capacity
- Manage certain MI CoE initiatives using Project Management methodologies ensure project schedules, risk/issues logs, dashboards and transparent communication are maintained throughout.
- Manage the activities and performance of the dedicated offshore support resource. Direct and prioritize workload and provide training on systems and processes as needed. Provide coaching, performance feedback and evaluation on an ongoing formal and informal basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or relevant major or equivalent in education and experience.
- 7+ years’ experience of project or operations experience, with at least 4 years of supervisory experience of an individual contributor or small team
- Broad understanding of project management and execution methodologies with solid business and financial acumen to develop and monitor business cases
- Experience working with partners in multiple locations
- Knowledge of contract requirements, risk management and internal control principles, and vendor management best practices.
- Ability to facilitate meetings, distill large amounts of complex information into key messages and effectively present to all levels of management, both in preparation of discussion materials as well as delivery
- Adept at working in a high growth environment and a rapidly changing organization.
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office suite of products (Word - Basic, Excel - Intermediate, PowerPoint-Advanced).
- Previous offshore vendor management experience a plus
- PMP certification a plus
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.
AXA is a leading financial protection company, committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse, multicultural and inclusive environment, and one of the nation’s premier providers of life insurance and annuity products. The organization was established in 1859 and we are committed now more than ever to helping clients meet financial goals in all stages of their lives. One of the hallmarks of our proud heritage is providing world-class customer service.
We're always looking for smart and talented people to help us develop new and innovative ways to expand our product portfolio, reach new customers and serve well the clients already a part of the AXA family.