The Chief of Staff to Chief Actuary is a critical and highly visible role that will lead key initiatives including: long-term business planning, project management, logistical operations, change initiatives, employee engagement and communication in support of the Corporate Actuarial department.
• Oversee strategic and tactical business planning, requiring close communication
• Serve as a point contact for the Actuarial department and manage ad-hoc requests from OCFO and other internal and external parties
• Serve as a direct communication channel to the Chief Actuary for any matters requiring their attention
• Manage the department communications through both formal and informal channels
• Plan, prepare and follow up on key calendar events and key recurrent meetings led by the Chief Actuary
• Assist the organization in its transformation efforts and ensure achieving operational efficiencies
• Prepare quarterly actuarial board documents and ad-hoc PowerPoint presentations
• Assist the HR function as it relates to the Actuarial organization
• BA/BS Degree
• Actuarial background required and strong financial background preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong organization and planning skills
• Advanced user of Microsoft Office including PowerPoint & Excel (demonstrating advance use of charts, graphs, etc)
• Ability to facilitate meetings and communicate results to the management
• Ability to foster good working relationships with business partners
• Excellent judgment and ability to grasp complex subject matter and communicate succinctly to non-technical experts
• Good Microsoft Office skills including Excel and PowerPoint
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.
AXA is a leading financial protection company, committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse, multicultural and inclusive environment, and one of the nation’s premier providers of life insurance and annuity products. The organization was established in 1859 and we are committed now more than ever to helping clients meet financial goals in all stages of their lives. One of the hallmarks of our proud heritage is providing world-class customer service.
We're always looking for smart and talented people to help us develop new and innovative ways to expand our product portfolio, reach new customers and serve well the clients already a part of the AXA family.