Audit Practices & Governance is responsible for maintaining and enhancing practices, policies and tools used by the Internal Audit department. This position encompasses opportunities to develop strategic solutions in support of best-in-class audit practices and techniques. The successful candidate will:
• Apply a comprehensive understanding of quality assurance and internal audit process improvement concepts, methodology development, enhancement and maintenance, reporting of department key metrics, annual risk assessment and audit planning activities, internal audit governance, policies and procedures, incorporating data analytics capabilities, identifying departmental training needs and developing training curriculum.
• Identify mandated procedures through on-going, comprehensive analysis of relevant professional standards and supervisory guidance
• Be responsible for the accuracy, completeness, and timely delivery of monthly, quarterly and ad hoc reporting to the Audit Committee, Senior Management, and Group Audit, as well as weekly dashboard reporting to the Internal Audit Leadership team
• Maintain Internal Audit WorkPaper and issue tracking system, ensuring accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of inputs and delivery of key outputs
• Lead the execution of Internal Audit’s Quality Assurance and Improvement Program, including audit report and workpaper quality assurance reviews
• Maintain the Internal Audit department’s calendar of key events
• Manage and conduct knowledge/learning/training events
• 5 - 8 years of experience, including experience within internal audit or control functions (e.g.. Compliance, Risk Management, Internal Controls) of large, global financial service institutions (Life insurance sector preferred though not required) or large accounting firm (Big 4 preferred but not required)
• Bachelor’s degree
• Certification/license as CPA, CIA, or CISA desirable
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Exceptional MS Excel skills (experience with Macros, Visual Basic Scripting and TSQL a plus)
• General understanding of relational databases, MS Access and MS SQL Server
• Strong MS PowerPoint and Visio skills
• Proven track record regarding ability to build good working relationships
• Ability to hold firm to a point of view when required
• Strong project management skills; must be able to manage multiple projects concurrently
• Experience in data analytics
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.
AXA is a leading financial protection company, committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse, multicultural and inclusive environment, and one of the nation’s premier providers of life insurance and annuity products. The organization was established in 1859 and we are committed now more than ever to helping clients meet financial goals in all stages of their lives. One of the hallmarks of our proud heritage is providing world-class customer service.
We're always looking for smart and talented people to help us develop new and innovative ways to expand our product portfolio, reach new customers and serve well the clients already a part of the AXA family.