The primary responsibility of the Business Transfer Consultant is to manage a successful integration of an Expired Producer Group. This role requires excellent communication and client management skills in order to maintain positive client relations during transition. The Business Transfer Consultant will be responsible for coordinating and prioritizing project tasks, managing timelines, maintaining project plans and communicating status to Sr. Leadership. This role will be responsible to ensuring the project is implemented within contractual obligations and regulatory requirements. This position will be responsible for managing multiple projects at one time.
• Request initial Business Profile from EXP Producer Team and gather requirements.
• Initiate Product Mapping and share with BD and AXA Network.
• Complete Product Mapping, and develop product transition plan.
• Set timeline expectations with EXP Producer Team and manage timeline accordingly.
• Understand level of information/data that is required to establish accounts and what the group can provide – specifically the format it can be provided in.
• Train EXP Producer Team support staff on BranchNet – initiate account set-up process
• With input from the BD and AXA Network, determine if additional transition support needed from the BD, AXA Network, and/or LPL based on total number of accounts to be transferred
• On-Boarding/Integration requires support pre and post cutover.
• Begin book of business transfers.
• Complete effort to transfer EXP Producer Team’s book of business Requirements:
• Strong Experience in project management
• Excellent organization and time management skills
• Experience using Microsoft Office user - Word, Excel, Power point, MS Project
• Training on systems such as BranchNET
• Understanding of system capabilities
• Strong interpersonal skills
• A willingness and commitment to work independently
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.
AXA is a leading financial protection company, committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse, multicultural and inclusive environment, and one of the nation’s premier providers of life insurance and annuity products. The organization was established in 1859 and we are committed now more than ever to helping clients meet financial goals in all stages of their lives. One of the hallmarks of our proud heritage is providing world-class customer service.
We're always looking for smart and talented people to help us develop new and innovative ways to expand our product portfolio, reach new customers and serve well the clients already a part of the AXA family.