We are seeking a Project Manager to lead our Life Product Strategy and Delivery teams. The ideal candidate will be able to communicate strategy to senior business teams and translate into vision and mission for Technology teams.
- Responsible for supporting the effective operation of the project management function by serving in a lead capacity on large, complex, cross-functional IT projects.
- Applies and adapts project management methodologies to large, challenging projects, in order to cost effectively meet IT project objectives in support of the business client groups.
- May be assigned project management responsibility on one or more important projects focused on areas such as business analysis, applications development, and systems implementation.
- Provides work direction and guidance to IT peers and to less experienced IT Project Management personnel and works closely with business unit clients to coordinate major schedules, project budgets, project milestones, and ultimate project deliverables.
- Works closely with the assigned Manager to evaluate the resources needed to accomplish the objectives within the agreed timeframe and to establish the staffing plan for each assigned project, using a combination of internal and contract expertise.
- Has an advanced knowledge of complex Project Management methodologies to manage the projects, incorporate and track changes, and optimize on resource deployment.
- Requires, within the scope of the role, the communication skills and judgment necessary to resolve conflicts, as they arise on a project.
- May, periodically, substitute for the Manager position in conducting progress meetings throughout the course of the project to identify potential issues impacting the project schedules.
- 6+ years of work experience in Information Technology field
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- PMP or CSM & CSP for Scrum Masters required
- Life insurance knowledge, FLMI preferred
- Superior knowledge of project management practices to effectively support project execution
- Superior knowledge and application of various software development life-cycles (e.g., traditional and agile), including progressive project delivery techniques such as Scrum, Kanban and Lean
- Superior interpersonal / relationship management skills, able to foster working relationships within the team, across IT and with business colleagues
- Knowledge of business and technology practices and trends
- Superior influencing / negotiation skills
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Adaptible and flexible
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.
AXA is a leading financial protection company, committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse, multicultural and inclusive environment, and one of the nation’s premier providers of life insurance and annuity products. The organization was established in 1859 and we are committed now more than ever to helping clients meet financial goals in all stages of their lives. One of the hallmarks of our proud heritage is providing world-class customer service.
We're always looking for smart and talented people to help us develop new and innovative ways to expand our product portfolio, reach new customers and serve well the clients already a part of the AXA family.