We are seeking an Application Development Manager to lead our Life Insurance Product Strategy and Delivery teams and to define our strategy for Administration Platforms with a 5+ year outlook. The ideal candidate will be a strategic thinker, strong visionary leader, expert communicator and negotiator with an open management style and a track record in building highly motivated cross-functional and transformative teams.
- Works closely with peer level management in the Life Insurance Product group to derive a detailed understanding of their needs from a broad systems perspective. Utilizes the information gathered to structure the work required into manageable projects that can be effectively structured and coordinated. Directs the establishment of the policies, structures, and resources to effectively meet the prioritized needs.
- Responsible for meeting the applications development objectives for the Life Insurance Product group.
- Negotiates deliverables, overall service levels and schedules on high priority projects with peers in the Life Insurance Product groups.
- Implements the policies, process management concepts and structures, methodologies and the review and quality standards required to ensure that developed applications meet or exceed the Life Insurance Product groups’ expectations. Provides direction and leadership to managers and architects on a variety of issues including resource allocation, technical standards and issues, and the overall priorities.
- 10+ years of work experience in Information Technology field, including 5+ years of visionary leadership and technical experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Life insurance experience is a MUST. FLMI preferred. Working knowlege of Life Insurance Industry trends. Ability to define Life Insurance Product Technology strategy
- Excellent knowledge of complex software development concepts and development languages and methods, including mainframe
- Excellent knowledge and application of various software development life-cycles and techniques (e.g., traditional and agile), including distributed on-shore and off-shore teams
- Excellent interpersonal / relationship management skills, able to foster working relationships within the team, across IT and with business colleagues
- Knowledge of business and technology practices and trends
- Excellent influencing, negotiation and elicitation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Adaptable and flexible
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.
AXA is a leading financial protection company, committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse, multicultural and inclusive environment, and one of the nation’s premier providers of life insurance and annuity products. The organization was established in 1859 and we are committed now more than ever to helping clients meet financial goals in all stages of their lives. One of the hallmarks of our proud heritage is providing world-class customer service.
We're always looking for smart and talented people to help us develop new and innovative ways to expand our product portfolio, reach new customers and serve well the clients already a part of the AXA family.