We are seeking a Business Analyst to lead our Life Product Strategy and Delivery teams. The ideal candidate will be able to communicate strategy to senior business teams and translate into vision and mission for Technology teams.
- Member of a development or support team that delivers superior and high quality business solutions for complex initiatives to our business partners
- Works collaboratively with the business and development or support team to advise the business and translate business requirements into user stories, acceptance criteria, functional and technical requirements; coaches the team on user story development
- Creation of low-fidelity concept models for business requirements, working collaboratively with user experience designers
- Superior knowledge of and experience with facilitation and elicitation techniques, including visioning, visualization of requirements and user experience
- Advanced knowledge and experience authoring and executing test cases against functional business requirements or user stories, including visual testing
- Possesses a superior understanding of application programming, database and system design concepts
- 6+ years of business analysis experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- CSM or CPO certifications a plus
- Life insurance knowledge, FLMI preferred
- Superior knowledge of business analysis practices to effectively support project development
- Superior knowledge and application of various software development life-cycles and techniques (e.g., traditional and agile)
- Superior interpersonal / relationship management skills, able to foster working relationships within the team, across IT and with business colleagues
- Knowledge of business and technology practices and trends
- Superior influencing, negotiation and elicitation skills
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Adaptable and flexible
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.
AXA is a leading financial protection company, committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse, multicultural and inclusive environment, and one of the nation’s premier providers of life insurance and annuity products. The organization was established in 1859 and we are committed now more than ever to helping clients meet financial goals in all stages of their lives. One of the hallmarks of our proud heritage is providing world-class customer service.
We're always looking for smart and talented people to help us develop new and innovative ways to expand our product portfolio, reach new customers and serve well the clients already a part of the AXA family.