The Director of Business Development develops and implements AXA Assistance's Business Development strategy and plans for all lines of business (products) offered by AA USA to the Insurance Company and Multinational Corporate markets; manages the full sales cycle. He/she directly develops new business strategies and tactics to grow existing business as well as new business on a B2B and B2BC basis through realizing new accounts and services for AA USA.
Summary of Role and Responsibilities
- Designs and implements business development strategies, ensuring alignment with operational capabilities.
- Drives sales growth through direct management of sales representatives and account managers and holds team accountable for consistently superior results compared to goals.
- Forecasts and analyzes current and future trends to create and implement annual business plans and targets.
- Maintains current, complete opportunity records in SalesForce.com
- Researches, identifies and secures business opportunities with new and existing clients and channels to continuously sell, cross-sell, and upsell to steadily increase revenue and profit.
- Ensures RFP and all other sales proposals are effectively and efficiently executed from beginning to end.
- Owns the sales full process through contract signing and provides timely and complete information to all internal and external stakeholders.
- Reports and communicates all closed and pending sales opportunities to all appropriate levels of the organization in a timely manner.
- Engages all necessary stakeholders to learn and utilize other business lines and product development opportunities.
- Supports Management in disseminating information in regards to best practices, changes, and leadership updates across team; provides guidance where necessary and appropriate.
- Working varied opportunities between direct sales to insurance companies and through brokers to sell our products to multinational corporations. This requires different sales/distribution models, close prospect management, effective partnering and long sales cycles.
- Ensuring alignment with Operations, including but not limited to resources are available to meet help meet operations SLAs (account management support) and new business and upsell/renewal RFP SLAs (sales and account management).
Minimum Education Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing or related field of study or equivalent combination of experience, sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job
• 5 - 10 years' previous experience in a similar role
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Exhibits AXA leadership competencies on a Managerial level
• Excellent communication skills (oral, written, presentation skills)
• Ability to clearly explain complex opportunities and translate prospect needs into well-defined process and service requirements
• Persuasive, persistent, personable team player with an ambition to excel and maximize opportunities
• Experience in remote management of staff.
• Experience in multinational employee benefits or risk management products/services
• Resourceful, problem solving, customer service orientation coupled with a competitive desire to excel
• Self-motivated, structured, driven to independently prospect, pursue and produce new business
• Analytical skills, with a keen focus on overcoming objections, building solutions and exceeding financial goals
• In-depth understanding of travel, financial institutions, insurance and assistance concepts and industries
• Proven record of establishing and maintaining personal senior level contacts with brokers, partners and prospects
• Accomplished sales professional with proven record of winning and exceeding sales goals
• Skillful negotiator with ability to maximize value to company and invent options for mutual gain
• Understands, represents and communicates the value of the organization’s services and brand
• Experience in selling to insurers, healthcare TPAs, national/regional brokerage houses.
• Ability to accurately forecast, plan and meet reporting requirements
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office tools
• Cultural and international effectiveness, awareness, and sensitivity with an appreciation for diversity
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Business education degree preferred
- Travel Assistance business experience highly preferred
- Accident and Health Insurance Licenses or P&C a plus
- Knowledge of Digital Distribution is a plus
- Experience with medical evacuation / assistance a plus
- Political Risk knowledge a plus
- Spanish, French speaking a plus
Work is performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel the computer; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.
AXA Assistance is a worldwide leader in emergency travel assistance and has grown to 38 offices around the globe. Services now include emergency medical assistance, managed care, concierge and travel services. Regardless of how our company has grown, our business focus remains the same: to best use the knowledge and customer service skills of our employees to exceed the expectations of our clients.